EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
29th July 2021
ALLMEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the MEETING OF EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
on Tuesday 3rd August 2021
The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public but all present will be asked to use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Old School Hall (or on re-entry if you need to leave the hall for any reason). Masks are encouraged when not seated but not mandatory. Please do not attend if you feel unwell for any reason.
If members of the public wish to put forward comments, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting.
70. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given.
71. RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph or record any items.
72. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make relating to any items on the agenda and to report lobbying.
73. EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
74. MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 6th July 2021
74.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
74.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the agenda.
Note: Councillors and members of the public can view all Planning matters on the MBC Planning Portal https://pa.midkent.gov.uk/
75.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting:
• 21/503272/FULL 6 Adelaide Cottages Lower Road; Retrospective application for demolition of shed, low level boundary wall. Erection of log store, replacement fencing, creation of hard standing for 1no. vehicles and extension to drop kerb. Comments due by 5th August 2021.
• 20/505876//|LBC the Works Farleigh Bridge: Listed building consent for alterations. Comments due by 2nd August 2021 – time extension to comment requested.
• 20/505875/FULL the Works Farleigh Bridge: Alterations to fenestration and doors, creation of rear steps to balconies and erection of second floor roof extension to provide additional office space. Comments due by 2nd August 2021 – time extension to comment requested.
• 21/503699/FULL Greenway Dean Street: Demolition of the conservatory. Erection of a single
• storey rear extension.
75.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting;
EFPC Agenda Meeting August 2021 Page 2
• 21/502902/SUB the Former Pumping Station Submission of details pursuant to condition 3 (Materials) and 5 (Landscape Scheme) in relation to planning permission 20/505486/FULL – APPROVED
75.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues; None.
75.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications:
• Culls Farm Dean Street- to note; Application permitted and reported to MBC Planning Committee on 22nd July 2021
• Lockmeadow Leisure Complesx – for information; Application permitted and reported to MBC Planning Committee on 22nd July 2021.
• APP/U2235/W/21/3269283 Appeal Lodged – Proposal: Erection of 1no. single storey dwelling together with a car barn (part retrospective) and associated garden, access, land scaping and other works. Land Rear Of 2 Mays Cottages Adj to Lower Road East Farleigh
76. PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
76.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk.
• KALC Cyber Security on-line workshop – Clerk circulated “The Good Councillors Guide to Cyber Security”
76.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners – if any.
76.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the agenda, if any.
• Court of Survey “Swan Upping” – Mayor’s Office
77.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
77.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed.
77.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up 26th July 2021. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 16, 2021-22
77.4 Any other financial matters:
• To note: ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) Annual subs paid and certificate received.
78. DEFIBRILLATORS: Update, if required.
79 DIFUSSION TUBES; Update.
• Air Pollution from stationery traffic – “Switch off Engines” signage
80. TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
81. FLOOD PLAN (Flood Pod); Update, if required.
82. VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
82.1 Car Park
• Update Car Park Attendant’s Contract of Employment.
82.2 Rec Ground; Update
82.3 Play Area; Update
83. HIGHWAYS (Highways Working Group -HWG)
83.1 HWG: Monthly Report
83.2 Lorry Watch; Update/Report.
83.3 Highways: Other Matters, if any.
• “Turn Off Engine” signs for waiting traffic – Station Hill – progress update
• To receive monthly KCC Monthly Parish Fault Report
• Monthly Report and “Operation Scarecrow”
85. PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY:
• Monthly Footpath Report
86. COMMUNICATIONS (Website, emails, etc).
• Community Resilience/Emergency Plans Questionnaire – Item to discuss or defer til next meeting.
• New PCSO
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
Note: Clerk’s annual leave entitlement amended.
89. DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING:
To be Agreed – change of scheduled date: Tuesday 14th September 2021 (because of Clerk’s annual leave).
Venue: The Old School Hall, Lower Road.
EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL