Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 1st December at 7.25pm Zoom Meeting ID: 996 0638 5030
Cllrs Glyn Charlton (GC)(Chair), Peter Beasley (PB), Perry O’Callaghan (POC), Alan White (AW), Lloyd Porter (LP); David Hussein (DH), Brian Dorton (BD), Alex Fullwood (AF)
In attendance: Desiree Home (Clerk)
- 164 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: None
- 165 RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
The Clerk was recording the meeting for the Parish Council. Cllrs LP & AW were recording
- 166 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
Cllrs GC & PB – JBLC & EFRG
Cllr AW – JBLC
Cllr LP – FB & Traffic Calming & lobbying re: EF Vicarage Lane Play Area
- 167 EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
Members AGREED that no items required this and is not relevant.
- 168 REVIEW OF PLANNING COMMITTEE (See EFPC Planning Committee Minutes December 2020)
- 3 Applications received – 20/504957/OUT Kettle Farmhouse Kettle Lane;20/504903/FULL Videons Station Hill; 20/505463/PNEXT: Bramley Hse Dean St
- Notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting- 20/503994/TCA The Limes Lower Road; No Objections raised 20/504141/FULL Domus Corrodian Priory Close; Application REFUSED
- To receive notification of any enforcement issues since the last meeting: None
- Other Planning: APP/U2235/W/20/3261021, 20/503158/FULL Chapel Nursery Pleasant ValleyAPPEAL lodged
- 169 CALL FOR SITES
- Communications with Parishioners: It was AGREED that a letter should be prepared for distribution by hand in January. However, it was AGREED that, for now, it should be on the Website, notice boards, The Grapevine and social media. It will give information on Call for Sites, new Councillors and other important information. The leaflet drop will be on the Agenda for the next meeting.
- Any Other LPR issues: Cllr POC reported on attending the LPR meeting. Clerk/Cllr POC
170 MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING held on Tuesday 3rd November 2020
- 170.1 The Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd November 2020 were APPROVED as a true and accuraterecord.
- 170.2 Matters arising from the minutes NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda: None
EFPC Agenda December 2020 Page 1
171 PARISH COUNCILLORS
171.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc) attended on behalf of the Council,
including the Clerk:
Cllr POC reported on his attendance at the Highways Seminar. KALC Cllr member also attended. There will be another normal Parish Highways Seminar in the Spring.
- 171.2 To raise matters reported to them by parishioners:
Anonymous communication received about lorries entering Horseshoes Riding Stables barn. It was reported that these are not being used for hay storage as per original planning application. It was AGREED to report to Enforcement. Also to report building rubble in the field next to the footpath at Dean Street end.
- 171.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda:
• It was reported that there is an increase in the report of “undesirable” characters acting suspiciously in the area & surrounding villages. It was noted that people should be aware of security, especially at this time of year.
172 NEW COUNCILLOR CANVASSING/ELECTIONS:
• It was AGREED that this is to be an urgent matter on the Agenda for the next meeting. In the meantime, the Clerk will look back to see if there were any previously interested people. It was noted that there is a new DPI form for new Councillors.
- 173.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting;Standing Order Clerk’s Salary November 2020
Standing Order Car Park Attendant’s Salary November 2020 Direct Debit Lloyds Multipay Credit card
includes: Zoom Monthly Sub / /Monthly bank charge/
KALC Training event/RBL Poppy Wreath/Wasp Nest treatment Direct Debit BC&E People’s Pension
- 173.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed;01122001 Clerks Salary & Expenses November 2020
(Includes adjustment – see note below)
£ 600.00 £ 136.00 £ 171.39
£ 529.46 £ 113.36 £ 1652.69 £ 69.90 £ 480.00 £ 24,75 £ 7.92 £ 96.00 £ 81.00
L Owen November Time Sheet
Pearsons Maint contract
AcuIT Maintenance & Backup
PKF Littlejohn External Auditor
CA Harwood 25 x 70cm Hawthorn
Cllr GC Expenses – Flowers for Horse Trough T&B Engineering (hedge cutter repair) ***Play Inspection Company
(Received after papers had been sent out but read out
- 173.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 23rd November 2020; These represent the state of play at the end of Week 33, 2020-21
- 173.4 Any other financial matters
- 2020-21 Draft Budget: This has been updated and 2nd Draft circulated. It was agreed to move somemoneyfromReservesbutnotintoGeneralContingency. ItwasAGREEDthat£4,000 should be moved to Playground Reserves account. All AGREED the 2% Precept increase. Final budget will be put forward at January meeting for Approval.
- PKF Littlejohn External Auditor Cert: Received and noted.
EFPC Agenda December 2020 Page 2
- Acknowledgement of extra Insurance Claim (Horse trough drinking bowl theft): Confirmation received but payment not yet received to bank account.
- From Oct 2020 Meeting Item 112.4 Any other financial matters, agreed adjustment to Clerks Salary – The Clerk moves up one spinal column after a year (from 1st July 2020) and the renumeration re annual increase will be back dated to 1st April 2020 as per SLCC recommendation. Checked and AGREED.
• Update if required; none. Small budget allocated for repairs etc.
Cllr PB/Cllr POC
175 DIFFUSION TUBES
• To ratify the urgent decision to continue the Air Quality monitoring scheme – 5 emails received in
favour of continuing for another year (Cllrs GC, PB, POC, AW, AF). UNANIMOUSLY AGREED to continue for another year.
- 176 TRAINING
- £600 in Budget for training new Councillors. Only £100 spent this year because of postponedelections.
- 177 FLOOD PLAN
• Update, if required: None
178 COMMUNICATIONS WORKING PARTY
• It was recommended and AGREED that EFPC should go with NETWISE for the new Website host (note: they only deal with Parish Councils) and the cost difference is minimal. It was reported that email issues do not seem to be a problem with “123”. It was suggested that this is probably to do with the Parish laptop “Outlook” app. There was further discussion regards putting all future documents onto a secure Website location for Councillors to access to alleviate the need to send copious amounts of papers with Agendas etc. Drafts will still be emailed to The Chairman for approval before circulating. The Website needs to be up and running by end of March 2021. Matter to be on Agenda for next meeting.
179 VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA (Vicarage Lane)
- 179.1 Update on car park: Pearsons will be cutting the hedge and landowner informed.Saplings have been planted to fill gaps in hedge.
- 179.2 Update on Rec Ground: Increase in dog mess. Otherwise in good order. Awaiting
delivery of new trees and inform Pearsons when received for them to plant. Awaiting work by Treecyle (18th December) to cut overhanging branch – make sure EF School is aware of the date of works.
Lane play area in reports as this was handed to MBC some time ago.
• Annual Inspection & Stock Valuation received and noted.
179.3 Update on Play Area Vicarage Lane:
• Moss on Play Area surface still needs attention. MBC need reminding not to include Gallants
180.1 Major Projects/Maintenance/Improvement Plan:
- Monthly Reports: format now updated
- Gullies maintenance: Highways contacted and Pearsons instructed to keep an eye on the Gullieswhen doing their regular works.
- Actioned: Highways chased re land ownership either side of Gullies in Gallants Lane.
- Still awaiting report about bollards by Little Adelaide Cotts.
- Actioned: Mtg 3rd Nov Item 148: KCC chased re traffic survey – still waiting for a response
EFPC Agenda December 2020 Page 3
• East Farleigh “Gates” and village sign: It was AGREED that the sign (top of Heath Road/Dean St) should be put on two posts and not reinstate the “Gate”. It was AGREED to contact the Police and find out if there is a report on the accident. Cllr AW will check his dashcam footage.
Cllr GC has asked for a quote to get the “Gate” in Tovil repainted and requested that
Pearsons wash the village sign at this location. 180.2 Speedwatch Update: Nothing to Report
• Actioned: Police contacted regards speed checks 180.3 Highways: Other Matters:
- Lorry Watch: It was AGREED to take this forward to the New Year. Cllr AF
- Gallants Lane resident request for sign similar to that on Dean Street about HGV’s. It was AGREED to write to Highways and request more “Unsuitable for HGV’s” signs esp. Gallants Lane and Lower Road
Clerk/ Cllr GCFOOTPATHS
• Update: It was reported that KM40 is being coppiced.
OLD SCHOOL HALL
• It was AGREED to write to Enforcement to the effect that the living accommodation has spilled
over into the car park.
Clerk/ Cllr GC
• Update: Christmas Tree is going up in the Church Yard at the Weekend financed by Fete Funds
• Request from Resident re bike area in the Rec Ground: It was AGREED that it is not feasible to have such a facility on the limited space that the Rec Ground provides. This area is also used for other varied village activities as and when required. However, it was noted that the young person should be commended on his initiative.
Clerk to reply
• To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk. st nd rd th
Clerks Xmas Holiday request noted (21 , 22 , 23 , 24 December)
186 DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
• Tuesday 12th January 2021 @ 7.15pm after the Planning Committee Meeting (Venue or on-line to be
advised) Meeting closed at 8.54pm
EFPC Agenda December 2020 Page 4