EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
2nd December 2021
ALLMEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the MEETING OF EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
on Tuesday 7th December 2021
The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business
shown on the agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public but all present will be asked to use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Old
School Hall (or on re-entry if you need to leave the hall for any reason). Masks are encouraged when not seated but not
mandatory). Please do not attend if you feel unwell for any reason.
Before the meeting, there will be a public session to enable the people of East Farleigh to ask questions of, and make comments,
regarding the Parish Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question
or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the Public are asked to restrict their comments and/or
questions to three minutes. However, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days
prior to the meeting.
7.00pm PUBLIC FORUM
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15mins) is not part of the formal meeting of the Council and minutes will not be
COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – if present, County Councillor Simon Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh.
Minutes will not be produced.
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – if present, Borough Councillors Simon Webb, Lottie Parfitt-Reid and/or Richard Webb will give a
short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
POLICE REPORT – if present, the representative from Kent Police will give a report on policing matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will
not be produced.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WARDEN’S REPORT – if present, will report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced
160. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given.
161. RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph, or record any items.
162. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish
to make relating to any items on the agenda and to report lobbying.
163. EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
164. MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 2
nd November 2021
164.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
164.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the agenda.
Note: Councillors and members of the public can view all Planning matters on the MBC Planning Portal
165.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting:
• 21/506154/FULL Cherry Lodge Priory Close
• 21/506075/FULL Chapel Nursery Pleasant Valley Lane
• 21/505978/FULL Gallants Bungalow Kettle Lane
• 21/505679/FULL The Old Rose Garden Dean Street (comments due by 6th Dec, extension granted)
• 21/505652/FULL Lilium Workhouse (comments due by 1st Dec, extension granted)
• 21/505946/SUB Map Business Centre (in relation to 21/500327/FULL)
• 21/506187/TCA Hoplands Lower Road
EFPC Agenda Meeting December 2021 Page 2
• 21/506169/TCA The Limes Lower Road
165.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting;
• 21/504954/FULL Land at Linden Farm Stockett Lane – REFUSED
• 21/504718/TCA East Farleigh House Lower Road – No Objections
• 21/505234/FULL 2 Chapel Place Dean Street – GRANTED
165.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues;
• Update on outstanding matters
165.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications: if any.
• 21/504422/FULL Gallants House Lower Road – Clarification
• LPR Review (SP7 & SP[A] )and Consultaton
166. PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
166.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council,
including the Clerk.
166.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners – if any,
• Kilnbridge Close parking.
166.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the agenda, if any.
167.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
167.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and
167.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 29th November 2021. These represent the state of play at the end
of Week 34, 2021-22
167.4 Any other financial matters
168. DEFIBRILLATORS: Update, if required.
169. DIFUSSION TUBES;
• Update – report received.
• To decide if EFPC wish to continue for another year.
170. TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
171. FLOOD PLAN (Flood Pod); Update & relocation of Flood Pod.
172. VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
172.1 Car Park
• Update Car Park Attendant’s Contract of Employment – deferred from previous meeting.
172.2 Rec Grnd; Update
172.3 Play Area; Update
• MBC Monthly Inspection Report
• To receive The Play Inspection Co. – Annual Report & Stock valuation
173.2 Pearsons Contract Renewal (including any other Tenders received)
174.1 Highways Working Group (HWG):
• Monthly Report/HIP
• Public Consultation
174.2 Lorry Watch; Update/Report, if required.
174.3 Highways: Other Matters, if any.
• To receive monthly KCC Monthly Parish Fault.
• To decide on format of reports to Council
174.4 Highways KCC – pavements/paths (not prow); update, if any.
• Monthly Report and “Operation Scarecrow”
176. PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY (PROW): update, if any.
177. FETE COMMITTEE – XMAS TREE/CAROLS
178. QUEEN’S GREEN CANOPY
179. COMMUNICATIONS (Website, emails, etc).
180. CORRESPONDENCE, if any.
• Kent Resilience Hub – request to display posters and post information to EFPC social media sites.
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
182. DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNTIL MEETING;
Tuesday 11th January 2022 at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road.
EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL