EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh, Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712E: firstname.lastname@example.org
1st December 2022
ALL MEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL meeting on
Tuesday 6th December 2022.
The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public. Please do not attend if you feel unwell for any reason.
If members of the public wish to put forward comments, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear asan agenda item for the next meeting.
7.00pm PUBLIC FORUM
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15mins) is not part of the formal meeting of the Council and minutes will not be produced.
COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – if present, County Councillor Simon Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – if present, Borough Councillors Simon Webb, Lottie Parfitt-Reid and/or Richard Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
POLICE REPORT – if present, the representative from Kent Police will give a report on policing matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WARDEN’S REPORT – if present, will report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given. If Council cannot approve the absence, then the clock starts ticking as far as the six absences rule goes. So, please give a reason – it can be very general if it’s a personal matter – and then our records will be tighter in case there is ever a problem over prolonged Councillor absence.
- RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph or record any items. This makes sure that those who do not want to be filmed are not filmed. Children must not be filmed under any circumstances. If it is felt that the recording process is interfering with the meeting in any way, the Chairman has the right to stop it. The rules around filming (which Council adopted in November 2014) will be displayed at all meetings.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make, relating to any items on the agenda and to report lobbying. The definition of lobbying is ‘advocacy with the intention of influencing decisions’ so if parishioners have asked Members to investigate a matter or reported a fault this does not fall within the remit of this item.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- CO-OPTION OF COUNCILLORS & Related Matters;
- Councillor vacancies
- MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 1st November 2022.
148.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
148.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the agenda.
149.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting;
- 22/505394/REM Land At Linden Barn Farm Stockett Lane
- 22/505340/FULL Chapel Nursery Pleasant Valley Lane
- 22/505333/TPOA The Limes Lower Road
- 22/505081/FULL Pear Tree Cottage St Helen’s Lane – extension time to comment
- 22504469/FULL Pleasant Valley Farm Pleasant Valley Lane – extension time to comment
- 22/504979/FULL Grey Walls Forge Lane – extension time to comment
149.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting;
- 22/504441/SUB River View The Priory – Approved
- 22/504065/LAWPRO The Old Rose Garden Dean Street – Approved
149.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues. Monthly report from MBC Planning Enforcement, if received.
149.4 Other planning matters, including late planning applications;
- MBC Design&Sustainability Development Plan Document Regulation 18 Consultation – approve EFPC response.
- PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
150.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk, if any.
150.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners;
- The Bull Inn, update.
- Horseshoes concerns.
- Email from resident re Gullies & speeding.
150.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the agenda,
- MTS Tree Planting Grant – approved
- Cllrs ID/Lanyards update.
- Any other matters.
- FINANCE (As per Financial Briefing Note)
151.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
151.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfer payments presented this month to authorised and signed.
151.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 27th November 2022. These represent the state of play at the end of PAYE week 34.
151.4 Any Other Financial Matters;
- Budget 2023/2024
- EFPC to consider & approve, in principle, General Reserves and EMR allocations (namely; Highways projects & improvements, Rec ground tree fund, Playground renewal & maintenance and Operation Scarecrow)
- To answer any Councillors emailed questions.
- To agree and approve budget, in principle, prior to being notified of the impact of the Precept on an average property (band D). Precept submission deadline date end January 2023.
- To agree advertisements/costs for Clerk/RFO vacancy in local press and SLCC.
- To note: Double payment to OSH – now refunded.
- To note: Receipt of PSSGRANT2ND22/2.
- DEFIBRILLATORS; Update.
- TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
- To note: last Dynamic Cllr Course for 23rd November was cancelled
- Playground Inspection Course.
- FLOOD PLAN; Update, if required.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA (Vicarage Lane)
155.1 Car Park; Update
155.2 Rec Ground; Update
155.3 Play Area; Update
- Update on Public Consultation
- Receive and approve quote for urgent repair to play area surface under the “igloo”.
155.4 Other Matters, if any.
- To receive the monthly worksheets & receive report on meeting with Pearsons to implement weekly checks.
157.1 Highways Working Group:
- Written Monthly HWG report/notes if received.
- New HIP
157.2 Highways; Other matters
- KCC pavements/paths (NOT PROW)
- To receive Parish Fault Report.
- SPEEDWATCH/OPERATION SCARECROW; Updates if received.
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY: Update.
- FETE COMMITTEE; Update if any.
- “Carols around the Christmas Tree” arrangements/update.
- COMMUNICATIONS (Website, emails, etc.); if any.
- CORRESPONDENCE; if any.
Forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING:
Proposal: Tuesday 17th January 2023 @ 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road as a meeting cannot be administered on 3rd January because of Christmas & New Year and bank/public holidays and,
Proposal: Cancel February meeting because the Clerk is on leave Thursday 3rd February to Thursday 16th February 2023