Minutes of the Joint Planning Committee and Full Parish Council Meeting held
on Tuesday 2nd June 2020 at 7.00pm
Conducted on-line: Zoom Meeting ID: 293 975 3088
Present: Cllrs Glyn Charlton (GC), Peter Beasley (PB), David Hussein (DH),
Alex Fullwood (AF), Alan White (AW), Brian Dorton (BD);
In attendance: Desiree Home (Clerk); 2 members of the Public linked into the meeting
13 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Perry O’Callaghan (POC); Cllr Lloyd Porter (LP); Cllr Paulina Stockell;
PCSO Paul Vasey
All apologies were accepted.
14 RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
The Clerk was recording the meeting for the Parish Council , Cllr AF, Admin for Zoom Meeting was recording & Cllr AW was recording.
15 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
No Interests declared
Cllrs declared lobbying on the two Planning Applications.
16 EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
Members AGREED that no items required this and is not relevant
17 MINUTES OF THE JOINT PLANNING COMMITTEE AND FULL COUNCIL ‘ON- LINE’ MEETING Tuesday 12th May 2020
17.1 It was agreed that the Minutes of the Joint Planning Committee & Full Council Meeting held on 12th May 2020 are a true and accurate record.
17.2 Matters arising from the Minutes NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda:
- No reply from West Farleigh FC regards contact to make S137 donation (GC).
- No reply from The Blackthorn Trust regards contact to make S137 donation (BD).
Action: It was agreed that Cllrs GC and BD to chase contact so the Clerk can make the donations.
18 PLANNING COMMITTEE (For Planning Committee consideration only)
18.1 To consider the following planning applications:
- 20/502111/FULL Land North of Pleasant Valley Lane
Demolition of existing buildings and erection of single detached dwelling
It was AGREED that the reasons for REFUSAL of the 2018 application for this site are still valid and relevant. EFPC concur with Coxheath PC and support them in their wish to see this application REFUSED, for the following reasons;
Since this application lies on the boundary with Coxheath and has the potential to permit further access to the Older’s Field area, Coxheath share a mutual interest in recommending REFUSAL of the application.
The grounds for refusal relate to excessive development in open countryside leading to coalescence of settlements contrary to MBC Local Plan Policies SS1 – Spatial Strategy and SP17 – The Countryside.
It was further noted that there is, as yet, no “Public Planning Notice” displayed at this site.
It was AGREED to OPPOSE this application.
Furthermore, it was AGREED that if MBC Planning are mindful to approve this application, then there must be a condition that existing buildings be removed.
- 20/502090/FULL Little Adelaide Farm, Lower Road
Conversion of existing building used for Class B1 light industrial into a
single dwelling house
It was noted refusal of 20/500358/PNPA being within curtilage of Little Adelaide Farm that is Grade II listed. However, it is further noted that the current application is a replacement building of a Class B1 Light Industrial building with the footprint of the old building.
It was UNANIMOUSLY AGREED that EFPC recommend APPROVAL.
18.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by
MBC since the last meeting:
- 20/501261/FULL 5 river Close – GRANTED
- 20/501113/FULL 3 Walters Cottages, Heath Road – GRANTED
- 20/500803/SUB Cuckoo Farm, Wilsons Lane – Submission to Discharge Conditions 2 & 3 (19/505241/FULL) – APPROVED
- 20/501651/PNEXT 1 Culls Farm Cottages, Dean Street – Prior Approval NOT REQUIRED.
18.3 To note any information received from MBC on planning enforcement issues: None
18.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications: None
19 PARISH COUNCILLORS
19.1 To report on any events (on-line seminars etc) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk: None
19.2 To raise matters reported to them by Parishioners: None
19.3 Any other URGENT matters Cllrs wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda:
- It was AGREED that a subscription should be made to open an EFPC “Zoom” account so that on-line meetings can continue without problems of “time out”. It was further AGREED that the COVID crisis Members Grant monies may be utilised in part for the small subscription required. NOTE: The Chairman & Vice Chairman agreed this item under delegated powers.
- Corner of Vicarage Lane: Pearsons have been instructed to cut back on overgrown hedge at this location.
Action: ALL – bring to Council’s attention any jobs for Pearsons in order to keep the village “tidy”.
20.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting:
Standing Order Clerk’s Salary May 2020 £ 600.00
Standing Order Car Park Attendant’s Salary May 2020 £ 136.00
Direct Debit Lloyds Multipay Credit Card £ 3.00
Direct Debit BC&E People’s Pension £ 69.91
20.2 The following BACS transfer payments are to be authorised on Unity Trust
Internet Banking by 2 signatories (GC & PB) following the meeting:
02062001 Viking £ 47.81
02062002 AcuIT Maint & Backup £ 69.90
02062003 Pearsons Maint conract £ 1652.69
02062004 Clerks Salary & Expenses £ 275.38
02062005 L Owen Time Sheet £ 212.60
02062006 Cllrs Expenses (GC) £ 10.00
20.3 Financial Statements for the period up to 25th May 2020 which represent the state of play at the end of week 8, 2020/21.
The following adjustments were noted:
- Update for the extra £5k expenditure/precept agreed in January 2020
- Split budget for Pearsons between litter picking and road side maintenance
20.4 Any other Financial Matters:
- It was confirmed that Cllr Paulina Stockell has advised that EFPC may use the COVID-19 Members Grant as they see fit.
- Meeting 7th April 2020/Item 341.1: Section 137 Donations: A Resolution was passed and unanimously AGREED to double the budget for 2020/21 Section 137 Donations.
All donations made except:
12052011 West Farleigh Youth Football Club £ 100.00
12052015 Blackthorn Trust £ 50.00
- “2 meters Distance” Banners have been ordered for the Car Park, the Rec Ground and the Bridge. It was AGREED that this purchase can be funded by the COVID-19 crisis Member’s Grant.
Action: Cllrs GC & PB
- Update: Routine check will be carried out this coming Friday (5th June)
Action: Cllr PB
- Update: KALC on-line meeting hosted by Geraldine Brown, Yalding. No Cllrs are attending.
23 FLOOD PLAN
- Update: None
24 COMMUNICATION WORKING PARTY (CWP)
- FB Admin has been handed over to the Clerk
- The CWP have been working with Cantium to change the look of the EFPC Website.
It was AGREED that this will need to come back to Council if there are to be changes in the Contract with Cantium.
25 VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA (Vicarage Lane)
- Nothing to report
- Update on Major Projects, Maintenance, Improvement Plan: None
- Speedwatch: This can resume on 15th June 2020. Batteries are ready for the SIDS but it is a 2-person job. The one in Dean Street can be turned around but the SID at the Club needs to be moved.
It was suggested that there should be a risk assessment carried out and that younger members of the Speedwatch team carry out the job utilising PPE.
Action: Cllr PB to contact Highways and investigate what recommendations are in place for changing the SIDS.
- KM43 Initial Consultation: It was UNANIMOUSLY AGREED that this is not a significant change and the 2.5 meter path is being re-routed around the edge instead of over the land.
- It was reported that another path (KM44) is only 18ins wide.
Action: Cllr AW will confirm to the Clerk what footpath number this is to report to PROW.
- Update: None
- It was noted that several messages of ‘Thanks’ have been received from the Charities in receipt of EFPC annual donations.
30 FORTHCOMING ABSENCES
For noting by Clerk and Members.
31 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
- Tuesday 7th July 2020 (on-line unless Government restrictions/advice changes)
Meeting closed at 20:05 hrs