Minutes of the Joint Planning Committee and Full Parish Council Meeting held
on Tuesday 12th May 2020 at 7.00pm
Conducted on-line: Zoom Meeting ID: 293 975 3088
Present: Cllrs Glyn Charlton (GC), Peter Beasley (PB), David Hussein (DH),
Alex Fullwood (AF), Alan White (AW), Brian Dorton (BD);
In attendance: Desiree Home (Clerk)
1 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllrs Perry O’Callaghan (POC), Jackie King (JK)
2 RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
The Clerk was recording the meeting for the Parish Council & Cllr Alex Fullwood, Admin Zoom Meeting.
3 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
No Interests declared
Cllrs declared no lobbying
4 EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
Members AGREED that no items required this and is not relevant
5 MINUTES OF THE JOINT PLANNING COMMITTEE AND FULL COUNCIL ‘ON- LINE’ MEETING Tuesday 7th April 2020
5.1 It was agreed that the Minutes of the Joint Planning Committee & Full Council Meeting held on 7th April required amendment to page 3, Item 342, as follows:-
- Annual Parish Meeting (APM) 27th April 2021 (deferred from 28th April 2020) as per KALC’s recommendation
- Annual Meeting (AM): It was AGREED to defer until either the public can attend or next May 2021 (after the deferred Elections) as recommended by KALC.
5.2 Matters arising from the Minutes NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda:
- Community Help Group (CHG) report (Roseanna Smitherman-Cairns): It was reported that the CHG had helped/are helping 28 people. It was further reported that some parishioners have now made their own arrangements.
6 PLANNING COMMITTEE (For Planning Committee consideration only)
6.1 To consider the following planning applications:
- 20/501632/FULL 2 Mays Cottages St Helen’s Lane
It was noted that this site is also on the “Call for Sites” document. Councillors unanimously AGREED to recommend APPROVAL for this particular application.
- 20/500817/FULL Rathlin House Dean Street
Preparation of front garden area, patio area, side parking bays and division fences to new built annexe dwelling covered in passed application 18/505671/FULL
No comments. Cllrs unanimously AGREED to recommend APPROVAL.
6.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting:
- 20/500700/FULL Fairlight, Kettle Lane – GRANTED
- 20/500036/FULL Horseshoes Riding School Dean Street – GRANTED
- 20/501144/PNEXT Horseshoe Farm House, Dean Street
Prior notification for a proposed single storey rear extension – MBC Planning confirms that Prior Approval is NOT REQUIRED
6.3 To note any information received from MBC on planning enforcement issues: None
6.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications:
20/501912/SUB (17/506541/FULL) The Victoria Inn, Heath Road
Councillors noted the Details to Discharge conditions 2 and 9. No further comments.
7 PARISH COUNCILLORS
7.1 To raise matters reported to them by Parishioners:
- It was reported that rubbish on Dean Street was picked up by Pearsons.
Action:- Cllr GC to follow up on removal of dead badger on Dean Street.
- Fly Tipping on Gallants Lane was reported.
Action:- Cllr DH to make formal report
7.2 Any other URGENT matters Cllrs wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda:
- It was AGREED that ALL HEADINGS on the normal monthly Agenda be
- Update on Councillors emails (@eastfarleigh-pc.org.uk)
It was UNANIMOUSLY AGREED that Councillors should by now have adopted the EFPC official email address (EFPC Meeting 4th February, Item 279 and EFPC Meeting 3rd March, Item 313). It was further AGREED that no official EFPC emails should be sent from personal email addresses and Councillors should only receive Parish Council matters to a dedicated EFPC address and not via a personal email address. There were no objections.
Action:- ALL/Clerk to advise all Cllrs not yet signed up to new email address
8.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting:
Standing Order Clerk’ Salary April 2020 £ 600.00
Standing Order Car Park Attendant’s Salary April 2020 £ 136.00
Direct Debit Lloyds Multipay Credit Card £ 498.18
Direct Debit BC&E People’s Pension £ 86.79
070414 E-on Street Lighting £ 14.70
12052001 Pinnacle Stonemasons Ltd (Horse Trough) £ 1550.00
8.2 The following BACS transfer payments are to be authorised on Unity Trust
Internet Banking by 2 signatories following the meeting:
12052002 Pearsons Maint conract £ 1652.69
12052003 L Owen Time Sheet £ 181.20
12052004 Clerks Salary & Expenses £ 90.56
12052005 AcuIT Maint & Backup £ 70.20
12052006 RBS (Rialtas Bus.Solutions) Annual Support & Maint £ 148.80
8.3 Financial Statements for the period up to 30th April 2020 were received. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 05.
8.4 Any Other Financial Matters
- Meeting 7th April 2020/Item 341.1: Section 137 Donations: A Resolution was passed and unanimously AGREED to double the budget for 2020/21 Section 137 Donations as they had been missed off the last Agenda. It was AGREED that these can now be authorised for payment: It was noted that BACS information has been received from all but West Farleigh Youth Football Club and The Blackthorn Trust.
12052007 Farleigh’s WI £ 100.00
12052008 First East Farleigh Brownies £ 100.00
12052009 Kent Air Ambulance £ 100.00
12052010 East Farleigh Pre-School £ 100.00
12052011 West Farleigh Youth Football Club £ 100.00
12052012 Heart of Kent Hospice £ 100.00
12052013 Porchlight £ 100.00
12052014 Kenward Trust £ 50.00
12052015 Blackthorn Trust £ 50.00
Action:- Cllr GC to obtain details for WF Football Club
Action: Cllr BD to obtain details for Blackthorn Trust if On-line donation can’t be done by the Clerk
- Brought forward from the last meeting other Charity Donations specific to COVID-19 crisis:
No other requests for financial help have been received by the Parish Council. It was further noted that a Members Grant for COVID-19 support has been received. It was AGREED that this matter will be carried forward to the next meeting for consideration as to how the Grant money should be utilised.
- Payment of the Annual Precept was noted.
9 COMMUNICATION WORKING PARTY (CWP)
It was UNANIMOUSLY AGREED that the CWP have done a really good job in providing precise and detailed information which has resulted in a very professional document. There has been a lot of work in preparing the Official Document pack (Links to regulatory body – ICO/Reference Documents/Policies) and this has been very well received.
- GDPR Policy & Document pack: It was UNANIMOUSLY AGREED to Adopt Document as presented by the CWP.
- Website/Social Media:
It was AGREED that the Clerk should be the Responsible Officer regards Admin on Social Media as a matter of protocol.
Action:- Cllr DH/Cllr AF/Clerk
- Councillors acknowledged receipt of the letter from The Rt Hon Robert Jenrick MP regards supporting communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
11 FORTHCOMING ABSENCES
For noting by Clerk and Members. N/A
12 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
- Tuesday 2nd June 2020 (on-line unless Government restrictions/advice changes)
- The Schedule of Meetings for 2020/2021 was received and AGREED.
The meeting was closed at 8.10pm