EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
Minutes of the Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting held on 16th February 2021 @ 7.00pm
Zoom Meeting ID: 920 1842 3403
Present: Cllrs Glyn Charlton (GC)(Chair); Peter Beasley (PB); Perry O’Callaghan (POC); Alan White (AW);
Lloyd Porter (LP); David Hussein (DH); Brian Dorton (BD)
In attendance: Desiree Home (Clerk)
250 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: None
251 RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
The Clerk was recording the meeting for the Parish Council.
Cllrs AW was recording.
252 EFPC FUNDING OF POLICE FOR ENFORCEMENT OF SPEEDING & WIDTH RESTRICTIONS
- To agree/approve the proposal; That a 3-month trial be approved of between 5 and 10 hours per week at a cost of £26.35ph for a PCSO plus £28.80ph for a PC. After the trial period, to review and report back to Council and further, agree to modify, amend or abandon such scheme. Section 31 (1b) is the Parish Council’s legal power to spend on such a scheme.
Proposed, Seconded and Unanimously Agreed
- Frequency, Length of time per session & total cost; 3 deployments per month of 3 hours per session at a rate of 3 times per month – Agreed. The cost was also approved.
- Locations; It was proposed to put forward locations where there are speed limit signs to the PC & PCSO, and areas where Cllrs know there are problems. Cllrs should forward any recommendations to Cllr PB who will coordinate EFPC comments to the Police team. It is then recommended that the police report on which of these locations are deemed suitable by the police. All Agreed.
253 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
Cllrs GC & PB – JBLC & EFRG
Cllr AW – JBLC
Cllr LP – FB & Traffic Calming & lobbying re: EF Vicarage Lane Play Area
254 EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
Members AGREED prior to the start of the meeting that no items required this and is not relevant.
- To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
256 DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
- Tuesday 2nd March 2021 @ 7.15pm after the Planning Committee Meeting (Venue or on-line to be advised)
Meeting closed at 7.40pm