EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
27th January 2022
ALLMEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the MEETING OF EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
on Tuesday 1st February 2022
The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public. All present will be asked to use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Old School Hall (or on re-entry if you need to leave the hall for any reason). Masks are encouraged when not seated but not mandatory. Please do not attend if you feel unwell for any reason.
Before the meeting, there will be a public session to enable the people of East Farleigh to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Parish Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the Public are asked to restrict their comments and/or questions to three minutes. However, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting.
7.00pm PUBLIC FORUM
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15mins) is not part of the formal meeting of the Council and minutes will not be produced.
COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – if present, County Councillor Simon Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – if present, Borough Councillors Simon Webb, Lottie Parfitt-Reid and/or Richard Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
POLICE REPORT – if present, the representative from Kent Police will give a report on policing matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WARDEN’S REPORT – if present, will report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given.
- RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph, or record any items.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make relating to any items on the agenda and to report lobbying.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 11th January 2022.
209.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
209.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the agenda.
- ANNUAL PARISH MEETING – Tuesday 29th March 2022 @7.30pm
- Agree arrangements/refreshments for the APM and invites to local organisations/groups.
Note: Councillors and members of the public can view all Planning matters on the MBC Planning Portal https://pa.midkent.gov.uk/
211.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting:
- 22/500090/FULL Pear Tree Cottage St Helen’s Lane West Farleigh/Border with East Farleigh
- 21/501229/SUB Little Pitchford Dean Street – Submission of details pursuant to condition 6 (Landscape scheme) in relation to planning permission 21/501229/FULL
211.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting; if any.
- 21/505978/FULL Gallants Bungalow Kettle Lane – GRANTED
- 21/505946/SUB Map Business Centre – APPROVED PART A/REFUSED PART B
211.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues; MBC Planning Enforcement Report circulated.
211.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications: if any.
- 21/504422/FULL Gallants Bungalow – correspondence from Planning Officer (William Fletcher)
- Golding Homes correspondence re redevelopment of Garages in Gallants Lane
212 PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
212.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk.
212.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners; if any.
212.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the agenda, if any.
213.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
213.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed.
213.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 26th January 2022. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 43, 2021-22
213.4 Any other financial matters;
- 2022/23 FINAL Draft Budget amended as agreed at previous meeting/to note; Precept submitted
- DEFIBRILLATORS: Update, if required.
- TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
- FLOOD PLAN (Flood Pod); Update, if any.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
- Car Park; Update
- Rec Grnd; Update
217.3 Play Area; Update
- Pearsons Contract Renewal; Update on New Contract & Approve/sign if agreed.
219.1 Highways Working Group (HWG):
- Public Consultation
- Monthly HWG Report and to note updated HIP report.
- Format of reports to Council, deferred from previous meeting
219.2 Highways: Other Matters, if any.
- Correspondence from Cllr Simon Webb
- To receive monthly KCC Monthly Parish Fault.
- Highways KCC – pavements/paths (not prow); update, if any.
- SPEEDWATCH; Monthly Report and “Operation Scarecrow”
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY (PROW): update, if any.
- QUEENS PLATINUM JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS/QUEEN’S GREEN CANOPY
- Update from Fete Committee, EFPC and others regards arrangements for East Farleigh village to mark the
- COMMUNICATIONS (Website, emails, etc).
- CORRESPONDENCE, if any.
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING;
Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road.