EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
1st July 2021
ALL MEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the MEETING OF EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
on Tuesday 6th July 2021
The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the Agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public but numbers will be restricted following the Government and Prime Minister’s Step 3 of the roadmap to the easing of COVID restrictions. All present will be asked to wear a facemask when not seated, observe a 2m distance at all times, use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Old School Hall (or on re-entry if you need leave the hall for any reason).
The meeting may also be accessed via video conferencing and virtual attendance is encouraged in preference to physical attendance. All Minutes once approved will be available to the Public.
Link Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/91499126225?pwd=blVyYUhad2ZSa2hqSEFJYTZzWm5lUT09
Meeting ID: 914 9912 6225
Please join meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone
Please be sure to use the MUTE if you are not speaking to avoid background noise.
If members of the public wish to put forward comments, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given.
- RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph or record any items.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make relating to any items on the Agenda and to report lobbying.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 1st June 2021
54.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
54.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the Agenda;
- Rose Bush Memorial – ongoing, awaiting information on a cultivation licence.
- Kilnbridge parking issue; awaiting response from PCSO Megan MacLeod.
Note: Councillors can view all Planning matters on the MBC Planning Portal https://pa.midkent.gov.uk/
55.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting:
- 21/503182/FULL River View, The Priory – Erection of a single storey rear extension with rooms in roof, rendering to existing house elevations.
- 21/503053/NMAMD Domus Corrodian, Priory Close – Non-material amendment in relation to planning permission 21/501179/LAWPRO
- 21/505486/FULL Former Water Pump House – Discharge of Conditions
55.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting;
- 21/501526/LBC The Limes, Lower Road – GRANTED
- 21502089/FULL The Victoria Inn Heath Road – REFUSED
55.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues;
- 21/503272/FULL 6 Little Adelaide Cottages – pending outcome and validation before Enforcement consideration.
- Acknowledgement of request for information on Riding School Arena – Willow Wood
55.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications:
- Viability Report re The Victoria Inn
- Planning Needs Survey/Affordable housing – Cllr JW to report
- ALLOCATION OF PORTFOLIOS; Update, if required
- Additional help to check contracted village works, “site lines”, gullies, road signs etc.
- PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
57.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk.
57.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners – if any.
57.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda, if any.
- EFPC to agree that Perry O’Callaghan and Peter Beasley retain the EFPC dedicated email addresses for all business pertaining to Parish Council matters, which includes the disclaimer. Further for all HWG, Speedwatch and Police Speed Check scheme correspondence be copied to the Clerk for Parish Council Records.
58.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
58.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed.
58.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up 27th June 2021. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 12, 2021-22
58.4 Any other financial matters:
- Clerk/RFO to ascertain what is the time scale for spending CIL monies and what this money can be used for.
- Virements to be agreed:
- £2,000 from A/c 4530 MBC LPR Response to 4031 Legal & Professional Costs
Reason: to transfer budget to a more appropriate account
- £600 – Nominal Ledger code 4000 Clerk’s salary to 4006 Clerk’s home allowance
Reason: New reporting procedure required
- Note: New section on Finance Briefing notes re Budgetary Overspend;
- £395 sign painting – Pearsons/ coded 4350 Highways Fund
Reason: Approved last Financial Year but not invoiced until the current year.
- 4531 COVID Costs – Unbudgeted this year.
- To review and approve the current Financial Regulations and Standing Orders.
- Internal Auditor’s Report and AGAR section 1 Explanation of Affirmations
- Assistant RFO position – To agree employment of Assistant RFO and Job Description.
- DEFIBRILLATORS: Update.
- Volunteer request for “stand-in” if Cllr DH is away.
- DIFUSSION TUBES; Update.
- Air Pollution from stationery traffic – “Switch off Engines” signage
- TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
- FLOOD PLAN (Flood Pod); Update, if required.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
63.1 Car Park
- Update on current state of Car Park.
- Car Park Attendant’s contracted hours/ works to be agreed.
63.2 Rec Ground; Update
63.3 Play Area
- Update – MBC Inspection report received
- Pearsons repair works
- HIGHWAYS – Highways Working Group (HWG)
64.1 To Agree HWG Terms of Reference.
64.2 Highways Working Group Monthly Report (incl. HIP/Traffic Calming/Maintenance issues and Village pavements – including KCC Parish Fault Report (Clerk).
64.3 Lorry Watch; Update/Report.
64.4 Speedwatch report/Police “Operation Scarecrow”
64.5 Highways: Other Matters, if any.
- “Turn Off Engine” signs for waiting traffic – Station Hill.
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY: Update.
- Allocation of Footpath checks for monthly Footpath Report.
- Forge Lane Footpath
- COMMUNICATIONS (Website, emails, etc).
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk .
Note: Clerk’s annual leave entitlement schedule circulated to Councillors.
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING:
Tuesday 7th September 2021 @ 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road
Note: August 202 – No meeting planned – if needed, it will be Tues 3rd August