EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
26th May 2021
ALL MEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the MEETING OF EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
on Tuesday 1st June 2021.
The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the Agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public but numbers will be restricted following the Government and Prime Minister’s Step 3 of the roadmap to the easing of COVID restrictions. All present will be asked to wear a facemask when not seated, observe a 2m distance at all times, use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Old School Hall (or on re-entry if you need leave the hall for any reason).
The meeting may also be accessed via video conferencing and virtual attendance is encouraged in preference to physical attendance. All Minutes once approved will be available to the Public.
Link Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/96000221575?pwd=UXZlUUZFSTlweEJRQkdDUnFFMmFOZz09
Meeting ID: 960 0022 1575
Please join meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone
Please be sure to use the MUTE if you are not speaking to avoid background noise.
If members of the public wish to put forward comments, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given.
- RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph or record any items.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make, relating to any items on the Agenda and to report lobbying.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL ANNUAL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 18th May 2021
34.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
34.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the Agenda.
35.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting; None.
35.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues:
- 21/500386 Land Adj Willow Wood Vicarage Lane; No building has or will take place on this site. MBC closed the case. Still to Action: contact MBC planning officer regards original planning application for a riding school.
35.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications: None.
- ALLOCATION OF PORTFOLIOS – deferred from last meeting.
- Footpaths/ Maintenance (to monitor Pearsons)/Play Area checks/Car park and Rec ground (monthly checks)/Monitoring of Car Park Attendant and safe keeping of car park attendant’s equipment (strimmer etc)/ Defibrillator monthly inspections.
- PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
35.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk.
35.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners – if any.
35.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda.
- To note Clerk’s extra hours worked and consider appointing a separate RFO.
38.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
38.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed.
38.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 25th May 2021. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 7, 2021-22
38.4 Any other financial matters;
- To approve the Council’s Accounts for year ended 2020/2021
- To approve and Chairman sign Section 1 of the Annual Governance & Accountability Return (AGAR) 2020/2021
- To approve and sign Section 2: Accounting Statements of the AGAR 2020/2021
- Deferred from last meeting: decision regards continuing with Operation Scarecrow pending review of data.
- Deferred from last meeting: if the new Council decide to continue with the police scheme, then a Policing EMR should be created. It was further agreed to meet the cost of the scheme to date and the scheduled police works as planned
- DEFIBRILLATORS: Update, if any.
- DIFUSSION TUBES; Update, if any.
- TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
- FLOOD PLAN; Update, if required.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
43.1 Car Park; Update
43.2 Rec Ground; Update
43.3 Play Area; Update
44.1 Major Projects/Maintenance/Improvement Plan:
- Monthly Reports (Major projects & Maintenance-Parish Fault Report)
- Village pavements maintenance Update, if any.
- Updated Highways Improvement Plan, if required.
- Lorry Watch; Update/Report.
- Speedwatch report/Police speed checks
44.2 Highways: Other Matters, if any.
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY: Update.
- OLD SCHOOL HALL (OSH); Update, if required.
- KCC Member’s Bus Shelter Grant for consideration.
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk;
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING:
Tuesday 6th July 2021 @ 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road