The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh, Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712E: email@example.com
1st March 2023
ALL MEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL meeting on
Tuesday 7th March 2023
The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public. Please do not attend if you feel unwell for any reason.
If members of the public wish to put forward comments, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear asan agenda item for the next meeting.
7.00pm PUBLIC FORUM
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15mins) is not part of the formal meeting of the Council and minutes will not be produced.
COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – if present, County Councillor Simon Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – if present, Borough Councillors Simon Webb, Lottie Parfitt-Reid and/or Richard Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
POLICE REPORT – if present, the representative from Kent Police will give a report on policing matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WARDEN’S REPORT – if present, will report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given. If Council cannot approve the absence, then the clock starts ticking as far as the six absences rule goes. So, please give a reason – it can be very general if it’s a personal matter – and then our records will be tighter in case there is ever a problem over prolonged Councillor absence.
- RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph or record any items. This makes sure that those who do not want to be filmed are not filmed. Children must not be filmed under any circumstances. If it is felt that the recording process is interfering with the meeting in any way, the Chairman has the right to stop it. The rules around filming (which Council adopted in November 2014) will be displayed at all meetings.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make, relating to any items on the agenda and to report lobbying. The definition of lobbying is ‘advocacy with the intention of influencing decisions’ so if parishioners have asked Members to investigate a matter or reported a fault this does not fall within the remit of this item.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 17th January 2023.
190.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
190.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the agenda.
- ANNUAL PARISH MEETING;
- Agree Invites, arrangements and refreshments.
192.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting;
- 23/500424/FULL Grey Walls, Forge Lane – Erection of a single storey side/rear extension – time extension granted.
192.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting;
- 502358/SUB Horseshoes Riding School – Approved
- 22/505726/TPOA 1 Priory House – Consent granted.
192.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues. Monthly report from MBC Planning Enforcement – none.
192.4 Other planning matters, including late planning applications, if any.
- MBC Gypsy, Traveller & Travelling showpeople DPD Reg 18 Consultation.
- PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
193.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk, if any.
193.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners, if any.
193.3 Other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the agenda, if any.
- The Bull Inn – Update.
- Agreement of new EFPC meeting venue 2023/2024.
- Appointment of new Clerk/RFO.
- FINANCE (As per Financial Briefing Note)
194.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
194.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfer payments presented this month to be authorised and signed.
194.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 27th February 2023. These represent the state of play at the end of PAYE week 47.
194.4 Any Other Financial Matters;
- Approve Revised Budget – Clerk’s salary.
- Agree Annual Section 137 donations (including new request from Evergreens)
- Complete Weed Control Quote
- Landscape Services Quote
- Notification of Precept Request acceptance.
- DEFIBRILLATORS; Update.
- TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
- FLOOD PLAN; Update, if required.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA (Vicarage Lane)
198.1 Car Park; Update & to receive H&S Inspection report.
198.2 Rec Ground; receive H&S Inspection report.
- New Trees – fencing & mowing.
- Football Pitch – update.
198.3 Play Area; receive H&S Inspection report.
- Play Area Refurbishment – update, quote, and approval.
198.4 Other Matters, if any.
- To receive the monthly worksheets.
- Change of Days for maintenance works
200.1 Highways Working Group:
- Written Monthly HWG report/notes if received.
200.2 Highways; Other matters
- KCC pavements/paths (NOT PROW)
- To receive Parish Fault Report.
- SPEEDWATCH/OPERATION SCARECROW; Update.
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY: Update.
- FETE COMMITTEE; Update if any.
- King’s Coronation
- COMMUNICATIONS (Website, emails, etc.); if any.
- CORRESPONDENCE; if any.
Forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETINGS:
Annual Parish Meeting; Tuesday 28th March 2023 @ 7.30pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, East Farleigh.
EFPC Monthly Meeting; Tuesday 4th April 2023 @7pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, East Farleigh.