EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
13th May 2021
ALL MEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the ANNUAL MEETING OF EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL on Tuesday 18th May 2021. The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the Agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public but numbers will be restricted following the Government and Prime Minister’s Step 3 of the roadmap to the easing of COVID restrictions. All present will be asked to wear a facemask when not seated, observe a 2m distance at all times, use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Old School Hall (or on re-entry if you need leave the hall for any reason).
The meeting may also be accessed via video conferencing and virtual attendance is encouraged in preference to physical attendance. All Minutes once approved will be available to the Public.
Link Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/93137207558?pwd=UUVTcGhKZDdOWlZtNHIzeWgwQUkzZz09
Meeting ID: 931 3720 7558
Please join meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone
Please be sure to use the MUTE if you are not speaking to avoid background noise.
If members of the public wish to put forward comments, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting.
- ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN AND DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
I have received three nominations for Cllr John Wilson. Council will vote on this.
If elected, he will be asked to read out and sign his Declaration of Acceptance of Office, in the presence of the Clerk.
- ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN AND DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
Clerk to read out nominations and Council will vote on this. If elected, that person will be asked to read out and sign his Declaration of Acceptance of Office, in the presence of the Clerk.
- DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE FOR REMAINING COUNCILLORS
The remainder of Council will then each sign and read out their Declarations of Acceptance of Office. Until this is done, members cannot act as Councillors, it has to be done before the business of the meeting begins.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given. If Council cannot approve the absence, then the clock starts ticking as far as the six absences rule goes. So, please give a reason – it can be very general if it’s a personal matter – and then our records will be tighter, in case there is ever a problem over prolonged Councillor absence.
- RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph or record any items. This makes sure that those who do not want to be filmed are not filmed. Children must not be filmed under any circumstances. If it is felt that the recording process is interfering with the meeting in any way, the Chairman has the right to stop it.The rules around filming (which Council adopted in November 2014) will be displayed at all meetings.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make, relating to any items on the Agenda and to report lobbying. The definition of lobbying is ‘advocacy with the intention of influencing decisions’ so if parishioners have asked Members to look into a matter or reported a fault this does not fall within the remit of this item.
PLEASE CHECK THE AGENDA ITEMS CAREFULLY SO THAT YOU CAN DECLARE YOUR INTEREST AT THIS POINT IN THE MEETING AND SIGN THE ATTENDANCE BOOK AS APPROPRIATE.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- CO-OPTION OF NEW COUNCILLORS
To interview and possibly co-opt 3 Councillors on to the Council. If co-opted, to read out Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 6TH APRIL 2021
9.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
9.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the Agenda.
- MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 4TH MAY 2021
10.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
10.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the Agenda.
11.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting;
- 21/502285/FULL Hilstone Dean Street: Demolition of rear conservatory and erection of single storey rear extension including light lantern. Consultee comments due by 26th May 2021.
11.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting.
- 21/501229/FULL Little Pitchford Dean Street: GRANTED
- 21/501179/LAWPRO Domus Corrodian Priory Close: APPROVED
- 21/501405/SUB Cuckoo Farm: Discharge conditions APPROVED
11.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues:
- 21/500386 Land Adj Willow Wood Vicarage Lane; No building has or will take place on this site. Case Closed.
11.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications.
- AGREEMENT NEXT YEAR’S MEETINGS AND 2022 ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
- ALLOCATION OF PORTFOLIOS
- KALC/MVCRP /Footpaths/ Maintenance (to monitor Pearsons)/Police & Speedwatch/Recreation areas /Car park and rec ground (monthly checks)
- To agree/approve if the new Council want; (a) Communications Working Party or (b) Planning Committee .
- APPROVAL OF AUDITOR AND SCOPE
Council needs to agree that we are happy to continue with David Buckett, our current internal auditor, and that we are happy with the scope of his work. Please see last year’s Final Internal Audit Report for reference.
- PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
15.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk.
15.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners – if any.
15.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda.
- USE OF BANK STANDING ORDERS, DIRECT DEBITS AND BACS PAYMENTS
To agree that all SO’s and DD’s will continue as set up and BACS payments continue as previous and, authorization signatories changed on UTB accordingly (new Chair/Vice).
17.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
17.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed
17.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 31st March 2021. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 52, 2020-21
17.4 Any other financial matters;
- Agree/approve regular annual transfer of £1000 from General Reserves to Rec Ground Tree Fund
- Council to note transfer of £5000 from General Reserves to Highways Repair Fund (maintenance on Lower Road Traffic Calming Scheme) and Agree/approve annual transfer of same.
- Agree/Approve the continuation of Operation Scarecrow and funding of same
- Agree/Approve creation of a Policing EMR and transfer £500 from General Reserves to meet the next invoice for police speed checks (Operation Scarecrow) if new Council decide to continue with the police scheme.
- Agree/Approve an EMR to Legal & Professional & transfer £1500 from General Reserves to cover costs of Brachers legal advice (so as to not create a budgetary overspend for 2021/2022)
- To Note items not Budgeted but Agreed expenditure: SID’s/Police Checks (consider CIL monies to fund maybe?)
- To Agree a Virement for RBS End of Year support (not budgeted) – Contingency or General Reserves?
- DEFIBRILLATORS; Update. Council to agree on allocation of checks and actions required.
- DIFUSSION TUBES; Update, if any. Air Pollution monitoring data not received.
- TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
- FLOOD PLAN; Update, if required.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
22.1 Car Park; Update/ Meeting with Car Park Attendant report
22.2 Rec Ground; Update
22.3 Play Area; Update – PI Inspection Report on behalf of MBC received
23.1 Major Projects/Maintenance/Improvement Plan:
- Monthly Reports (Major projects & Maintenance-Parish Fault Report)
- Village pavements maintenance Update, if any.
- Updated Highways Improvement Plan: Notes on meeting with Highways
- Lorry Watch; Update/Report
23.2 Highways: Other Matters, if any.
- “Operation Scarecrow” police speed check scheme report
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY : Update. Council to agree on allocation of checks and actions required.
- OLD SCHOOL HALL (OSH); Update, if required.
- FETE; Update if required. No Fete being held in 2021.
- Letter from Borough Councillor Simon Webb
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk;
- The Clerk requests Thursday 27th May 2021 as one day’s holiday
- The Clerk requests 2 weeks Annual Leave in August 2021 (w/c 16th August 2021)
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING:
Tuesday 1st June 2021 @ 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road