EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 4th May 2021 at 7.00pm
Conducted on-line via ZOOM – Meeting ID: 989 0252 7061
Present: Cllrs Glyn Charlton (GC) (Chair), Perry O’Callaghan (POC),
David Hussein (DH), Alex Fullwood (AF)
In attendance: Desiree Home (Clerk)
323 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Cllr Peter Beasley – apology accepted
324 RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
The Clerk was recording the meeting for the Parish Council.
No one else present intended to film, photograph or record any items on the agenda.
325 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING; None
326 EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
The Committee AGREED that no items needed this requirement.
327 MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE
327.1 The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 6th April 2021 were APPROVED and signed as a correct record.
327.2 Matters arising from the minutes NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda:
- Outstanding Enforcement issues: The Planning Committee wished to record for the new Parish Council after the May elections, the following matters:
- OSH no information received from Planning yet.
- 2 Mays Cottages St Helens Lane: Retrospective planning application going through. No further information yet.
- Horseshoes Riding School Barn: No response yet.
- Letters sent to land/property owners regards overgrown hedging has been dealt with by those responsible.
328 PLANNING COMMITTEE
328.1 To consider the following planning applications:
- 21/501225/FULL Bramley House Dean Street: Erection of a single storey rear extension – following MBC decision that a proposed single storey rear extension application does require permission/consent (20/505463/PNEXT) Comments due by: 4th May 2021 – extension to comment granted.
It was UNANIMOUSLY agreed to recommend APPROVAL.
- 21/502089/FULL The Victoria Inn Heath Road: Change of use of ground floor and associated land from public house to form 1no. dwelling (resubmission: 21/500337/FULL) Comments due by:14th May 2021.
It was UNANIMOUSLY agreed the the EFPC Planning committee comments previous planning application submitted are still valid. Therefore, EFPC recommend REFUSAL on the grounds that there has been no notification of the business not being viable and it is yet another loss of facility to the village. EFPC would like to see a viability report prepared prior to any decision.
- 21/501526/LBC & 21/501525/FULL The Limes Lower Road: Erection of a single storey orangery to rear, extended porch to side and alterations to fenestration and cladding.
No objections were raised and UNANIMOUSLY recommend APPROVAL.
- 21/501745/LAWPRO Videons Station Hill: Lawful Development Certificate for the proposed installation of a roof light.
No objections were raised. EFPC unanimously recommend APPROVAL to a roof light.
- 21/501796/SUB Follys End Heath Road: Submission of Details to Discharge Condition 2 – Enhancement of biodiversity Scheme subject to 20/506161/FULL.
There were no comments and EFPC UNANIMOUSLY agreed to the decision being left with the Planning Officer.
- 2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting: 21/500917/FULL Riverdale St Helens Lane: GRANTED
328.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcement issues:
- ENF/20/500645 – 6 Adelaide Cottages Lower Road: To note ongoing investigation. It was AGREED that this should be taken forward to the new Council after the May elections.
328.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications:
- It was reported that MBC have sent notification of CIL money due and the email was circulated with the meeting papers. To be noted under “Finance” at the next Full Parish Council Meeting.
- Late notification of response to enforcement query regards land adjacent to Willow Wood Vicarage Lane. Response was circulated with the meeting papers. Ongoing investigation.
- For noting by Clerk and Members. Not for publication.
330 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
- To be advised
The meeting was closed at 7.18pm