Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 3rd May 2022 @ 7.00pm
In The Old School Hall, Lower Road, East Farleigh
Present: Steve Shearman (SS)(Vice-Chair), David Hussein (DH), Barry Older (BO), Adam Palmer (AP), John Wilson (JW), Gina Ashcroft (GA)
In attendance: Desiree Home (Clerk), Cllr Lottie Parfitt-Reid, Glyn Charlton (Rec Ground Trustee),
Plus 1 member of the public and no press.
- ELECTION OF CHAIRPERSON AND DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE: In the absence of Cllr Alex Fullwood (Chair) this will be deferred until the next meeting. There were no other nominations.
- ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRPERSON AND DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE: Nominated and seconded, that Cllr Steve Shearman remain Vice-Chair. It was unanimously agreed and Cllr Steve Shearman read out his acceptance which was duly signed.
3.. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Cllr Alex Fullwood, Cllr Angela Howe, PCSO Nicola Morris. Apologies were accepted for the given reasons.
4.. RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
The Clerk was recording the meeting for the Parish Council.
5.. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING;
Cllr SS: EF Primary School & EF Pre-school/EF Rec Grnd & Planning 21/504954/FULL Millwood Homes (family member employee of Millwood Homes)
6.. EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
Members AGREED that no items required this and is not relevant.
- CO-OPTION OF NEW COUNCILLORS: None
- MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 5th April 2022
8.1 The Minutes of the Meeting were APPROVED as a true and accurate record.
8.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the agenda: None
- PLANNING; Note – Councillors and members of the public can view all Planning matters on the MBC Planning Portal https://pa.midkent.gov.uk/
9.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting;
- 21/504954/FULL Appeal Land at Linden Farm Barn Coxheath – to consider if EFPC wish to comment. (Comments due by 5th May 2022). There were no comments and EFPC agreed to concur with Coxheath PC.
- 22/501388/FULL Lockfield The Priory – to remove slates on existing dormer & replace with double doors & balcony. EFPC considered this application and agreed to recommend approval.
9.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting:
- 22/500610/FULL 2 Mays Cottages, St Helen’s Lane W/Farleigh – GRANTED
9.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcement issues:
- The report from MBC Planning Enforcement was circulated.
- Any other planning matters, including late planning applications: None
- NEXT YEAR’S MEETING DATES AND 2022 ANNUAL PARISH MEETING: Circulated and approved.
- ALLOCATION OF PORTFOLIOS:
- Agreed and approved:
KALC and Medway Valley Rail/Sustrans – Cllr JW
Maintenance/Pearsons – Cllrs SS & AP and to check weekly H&S reports for car park, rec ground and play area (car park attendant).
Policies & Procedures – Cllr JW
Defibrillators & Flood Pod – Cllr DH
Website – Cllr AP & Clerk
- It was agreed that no other Working Groups were needed at present and approved the continuation of the Highways Working Group (HWG).
- POLICIES & PROCEDURES
12.1 Approval of Auditor and Scope: Agreed and approved to continue with the current Internal Auditor.
12.2 Approval of Risk Assessment: Nothing has changed but it was agreed that a signature and date should be added. It was agreed to take this forward for approval at next meeting.
12.3 Approval of Asset Register: It was agreed that the Bridge Information sign on the Horsewash should be added and a signature/date. It was agreed to take this forward for approval at next meeting. It was further agreed that the Clerk should try and obtain the title deed to The Horsewash from the Land Registry.
12.4 Use of bank standing orders, direct debits and bacs payments: It was agreed that all banking arrangements remain unchanged.
- PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
13.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk: None.
13.2 To raise matters reported to them by parishioners: None.
13.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda;
- Cllr AH submitted a resignation letter, for personal and health reasons. EFPC accepted her resignation and noted that EFPC now have two vacant Councillor seats.
- It was noted that “Communications” were not on this Agenda and should be added to all future agendas.
14.1 Payments made since the last meeting ratified:
- Direct Debit BC&E People’s Pension £ 91
- Direct Debit Lloyd (EFPC Multipay Card) £ 28
- (includes Zoom subs/123.Reg/KALC training/postage fees)
- Direct Debit PWLB 1st April 2022 repayment £ 2,379.40
- SO Clerks Salary April 2022 £ 00
- SO Car Park Attendants Salary April 2022 £ 20
14.2 The following BACS transfer payments authorised on Unity Trust Internet Banking
by 2 signatories following the meeting: (Authorisation this month: Cllrs JW & AP)
03052201 Clerks Time Sheet & Expenses April 2022 £ 416.23
03052202 L Owen Time Sheet April 2022 £ 324.65
05032203 AcuIT – monthly maintenance & backup Invoice 6038 £ 74.27
03052204 Pearsons Monthly Invoice £1,830.36
03052205 Rialtas Year End Support £ 669.60
03052206 Rialtas Annual Maintenance&Backup Contract £ 154.80
03052207 KALC Annual Subscription £ 642.70
03052208 Npower Street Lighting £ 24.81
03052209 CPRE Annual Subscription £ 36.00
03052210 Viking Office Supplies (copy paper/pens/notes) £ 63.50
03052211 Complete Weed Control-1st Application Car Park £ 318.00
14.3 Financial Statements
- Financial Statements for the period up to 26th April 2022 which represent the state of play at the end of week 3, 2022/23 received.
14.4 Any Other Financial Matters:
- Purchase of new Roadside Traffic Mirror (opposite junction Vicarage Lane/Lower Road) was put on hold pending query on Public Liability. Clerk to check with insurance company. Deferred until next meeting.
- Continuation of/funding for “Operation Scarecrow”:
- The Increase in National Living Wage and addendum to Car Park Attendant’s employment of Contract was noted and approved.
- Receipt to UTBD account of VAT Return payment to 31st March 2022 (£2,732.22) was noted.
- Precept request received to UTBD account (£75,000) was noted.
- Cllr DH reported to Council that back up pads had been replaced and the new expiry date is 2026.
- Cllr DH reported that both EFPC Defibrillators are now on the National Database “The Circuit” which alerts SECAM & other emergency services the location of all defibrillators.
- It was agreed that Cllr SS will monitor the defibrillators whilst Cllr DH is on holiday.
16 TRAINING; Ongoing. Cllrs are reminded to monitor emails sent from the Clerk regards forthcoming events. If there are any events that Cllrs are interested in, please let the Clerk know.
- FLOOD PLAN (Flood Pod): Nothing to report.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
- Car Park: Nothing to report.
- Rec Ground: Nothing to report.
- Play Area: Still awaiting further quotes.
- Other Matters:
- H&S check reports: Clerk to scan all reports produced by the Car Park Attendant and forward to Trustees as necessary.
Action: Cllr SS/Clerk
- Monitoring: Monthly worksheet received.
- Pearsons to be reminded to regularly check all sight lines at junctions.
- Highways Working Group (HWG):
- Cllr DH gave a verbal report of the meeting held on 26/04/2022. It was agreed that in future, the HWG will produce a written report with action points to take forward to council for agreement/approval.
- Highways: Other Matters:
- Public Consultation update: Results were circulated to all Councillors. There were 61 responses and only two objections to the 30mph proposal Gallants Lane/Dean Street. It was further agreed to go ahead with the speed limits as described in the village survey. The cost to EFPC will be approximately £5k for road closures and hardware. It was further reported that KCC will pay for the planning and design.
The Clerk is to ask Cllr Simon Webb if there is grant money available for this project and it was agreed to invite Cllr Webb to the next HWG meeting.
It was reported that there was a good response, and all village comments will be collated into a Q&A report to circulate to residents.
It was agreed that KCC Highways will also be invited to a HWG meeting to revisit the following items; Dean Street HGV’s, junction Dean Street/Forge Lane, Pre-School crossing on Lower Road and other outstanding matters.
- It was reported KCC Highways have confirmed that Gallants Lane cannot have a 30mph limit for the whole lane because of lack of verge space for signs and KCC Highways deem it not feasible or practical. It was reported that similar applies to Vicarage Lane and Forge Lane.
It was agreed that the Clerk will reply to the resident who asked about extending the speed limit.
- It was brought to Councils attention that there is an app called “Country Eye” which allows residents to photograph offending HGVs and report same. Clerk is to produce a social media post to draw this to the attention of the village.
- VOL Application: Cllr Simon Webb is investigating this matter on behalf of the Parish Council. It was agreed that the Clerk should write to the Office of the Traffic Commissioner to put forward objections even though Parish Councils are not consulted for comment.
- The Parish Fault Report was received.
- Highways KCC – pavements/paths (not prow); Nothing to report.
- SPEEDWATCH/OPERATION SCARECROW: No update.
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY (PROW):
- KM42/KM43 Proposed route diversion: No objections were raised.
- QUEEN’S PLATINUM JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS/QUEEN’S GREEN CANOPY/FETE COMMITTEE:
- Unfortunately, the EF Primary School cannot provide venue support as the Site Manager will be away on that date. Therefore, there is a change of venue. The event will now be held at the Old School Hall on Saturday 4th June from 2pm to 5pm. There will still be tea and cakes provided by the WI, a bar and, musical events.
- It was proposed that EFPC support the event and kindly pay the cost of £250 for the hire of the venue. It was seconded and unanimously approved. The Fete Committee further requested financial help to provide banners to advertise the event. It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that EFPC provide up to £200 for advertising and help with a leaflet drop.
- Re-advertise in The Grapevine with new event details.
- Request for funding by the charity “Victim Support”. EFPC considered this request but agreed to keep funding very local to the village and keep S137 donations at the end of each financial year.
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING;
Annual Meeting of the Parish Council Tuesday 7th June 2022 at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road.
The meeting closed at 8.55pm.