EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
28th October 2021
ALLMEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the MEETING OF EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
on Tuesday 5th November 2021
The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public but all present will be asked to use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Old School Hall (or on re-entry if you need to leave the hall for any reason). Masks are encouraged when not seated but not mandatory). Please do not attend if you feel unwell for any reason.
Before the meeting, there will be a public session to enable the people of East Farleigh to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Parish Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the Public are asked to restrict their comments and/or questions to three minutes. However, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting.
7.00pm PUBLIC FORUM
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15mins) is not part of the formal meeting of the Council and minutes will not be produced.
COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – if present, County Councillor Simon Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – if present, Borough Councillors Simon Webb, Lottie Parfitt-Reid and/or Richard Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
POLICE REPORT – if present, the representative from Kent Police will give a report on policing matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WARDEN’S REPORT – if present, will report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given.
- RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph, or record any items.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make relating to any items on the agenda and to report lobbying.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 5th October 2021
142.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
142.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the agenda.
Note: Councillors and members of the public can view all Planning matters on the MBC Planning Portal https://pa.midkent.gov.uk/
143.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting:
- 21/505451/FULL Drummond Workhouse Lane
- 21/505234/FULL 2 Chapel Place Dean Street
- 21/505497/FULL Sundowner Charlton Lane West Farleigh – EFPC invited to comment as property is on the border between parishes.
143.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting; none.
143.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues; none.
143.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications: if any.
- 21/504618 Hideaway Lower Road – assessment/further comments
- Domus Corrodian Query
- Correspondence re LPR SP7 & LPR S&(A) Larger villages – Cllr Lottie Parfitt-Reid
- To decide whether EFPC wish to subscribe to Town & Country Planning Association
- PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
144.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk.
144.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners – if any.
- Councillor being lobbied regards pub sign on “The Triangle”
144.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the agenda, if any.
- Update of Key Holders list
- Queen’s Platinum – Queen’s Green Canopy – update, if any.
145.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
145.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed.
145.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 24th October 2021. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 29, 2021-22
145.4 Any other financial matters:
- Budget 2022-2023 First Draft & accompanying notes (incl Highways Budget Notes)
- Insurance – to approve additional cost regards Grounds Work Equipment
- DEFIBRILLATORS: Update, if required.
- DIFUSSION TUBES; Update
- To decide if EFPC wish to continue for another year.
- TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
- FLOOD PLAN (Flood Pod); Update, if required.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
- Car Park
- Update Car Park Attendant’s Contract of Employment – deferred from previous meeting.51Rec Ground; Update
150.3 Play Area; Update
- PEARSONS; Update.
- Contract Renewal
152.1 Highways Working Group (HWG): Monthly Report/HIP
152.2 Lorry Watch; Update/Report.
152.3 Highways: Other Matters, if any.
- “Turn Off Engine” signs for waiting traffic – Station Hill – progress update deferred from previous meeting
- To receive monthly KCC Monthly Parish Fault Report
152.4 Highways KCC – pavements/paths (not prow); update, if any.
- Monthly Report and “Operation Scarecrow”
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY (PROW): update, if any.
- REMEMBRANCE DAY SERVICE – Sunday 14th November 2021; Update.
- To allocate Cllrs to read out Roll of Honour at the Memorial
- COMMUNICATIONS (Website, emails, etc).
- Reg email max server storage
- CORRESPONDENCE, if any.
- KALC call for case studies leading up to KALC Climate Change Conference” in December.
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNTIL MEETING;
Tuesday 7th December 2021 at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Low