EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
9th September 2021
ALLMEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the MEETING OF EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
on Tuesday 14th September 2021
The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public but all present will be asked to use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Old School Hall (or on re-entry if you need to leave the hall for any reason). Masks are encouraged when not seated but not mandatory). Please do not attend if you feel unwell for any reason.
Before the meeting, there will be a public session to enable the people of East Farleigh to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Parish Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the Public are asked to restrict their comments and/or questions to three minutes. However, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting.
7.00pm PUBLIC FORUM
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15mins) is not part of the formal meeting of the Council and minutes will not be produced.
COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – if present, County Councillor Simon Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – if present, Borough Councillors Lottie Parfitt-Reid and/or Richard Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
POLICE REPORT – if present, the representative from Kent Police will give a report on policing matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WARDEN’S REPORT – if present, will report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given.
- RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph, or record any items.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make relating to any items on the agenda and to report lobbying.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 3rd August 2021
94.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
94.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the agenda.
Note: Councillors and members of the public can view all Planning matters on the MBC Planning Portal https://pa.midkent.gov.uk/
95.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting:
- 21/504718/TCA East Farleigh House Lower Road Conservation area notification to remove 5 pine trees
- 21/501106/TPOA Mersey Priory Close TPO for tree works
- 21/504422/FULL Gallants House Lower Road – Erection of a single storey front extension to office building
- APP/U2235/W/21/3271239 Domus Corrodian Priory Close (Appeal – resubmission of 20/502166/FULL)
95.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting;
- 21/503182/FULL River View The Priory GRANTED
- 20/505875/FULL The Works Farleigh Bridge – Application Permitted
- APP/U2235/W/20/3261021 Chapel Nursery Pleasant Valley Lane – Appeal Decision
- 21/503942/SUB Lilium Workhouse Lane – Application Permitted
95.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues;
- ENF/21/500773/OPFDEV Lower Gallants Lower Road
- RE: 21/503272/FUL 6 Adelaide Cottages Lower Road – update
- ENF/21/500714 Hideaway Lower Road
- ENF/21/5000033/BOC 2 Mays Cottages – update
95.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications: if any.
- PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
96.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk.
96.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners – if any.
- Email re speeding in Dean Street
- The Bull Inn event publicity
96.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the agenda, if any.
- OSH update
- POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Renew Health & Safety Policy
98.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
98.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed.
98.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 5th September 2021. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 22, 2021-22
98.4 Any other financial matters:
- To note: Came & Co Annual Insurance Renewal papers
- PKF External Auditor Report & Certificate AND Notice of Conclusion of Audit
- Charities Commission Annual Report
- PWLB 1st October 2021 repayment notice
- EFPC Budget 2022-2023 – Rialtas £200 +VAT
- DEFIBRILLATORS: Update, if required.
- DIFUSSION TUBES; Update.
- TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
- SLCC Clerks’ Conference
- Clerks Virtual Training Day
- FLOOD PLAN (Flood Pod); Update, if required.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
103.1 Car Park
- Update Car Park Attendant’s Contract of Employment – deferred from previous meeting.
103.2 Rec Ground; Update
- Play Area; Update
- PEARSONS; Update.
- Contract Renewal
105.1 Highways Working Group (HWG): Monthly Report
105.2 Lorry Watch; Update/Report.
105.3 Highways: Other Matters, if any.
- “Turn Off Engine” signs for waiting traffic – Station Hill – progress update
- To receive monthly KCC Monthly Parish Fault Report
- Response from KCC Highways re vegetation overgrowth
105.4 Highways KCC – pavements/paths (not prow); update, if any.
- Monthly Report and “Operation Scarecrow”
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY (PROW):
- Monthly Footpath Report
- REMEMBRANCE DAY SERVICE
- COMMUNICATIONS (Website, emails, etc).
- Community Resilience/Emergency Plans Questionnaire – deferred from previous meeting.
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNTIL MEETING;
Tuesday 5th October 2021 at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road.