Maidstone Central Maidstone North East Maidstone Rural East Maidstone Rural North
for the Electoral Divisions listed below
Two Maidstone Rural South One One Maidstone Rural West One One Maidstone South One One Maidstone South East One
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Kent County Council
Election of County Councillors
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Deputy Returning Officer, Maidstone Borough Council, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6JQ between 9am and 4pm. This should be on any working day after this date of the publication of this notice (excluding Bank Holidays) but not later than 4 pm on Thursday 8 April 2021. Appointments between the hours stated, can be made for delivering your nomination paper by contacting email@example.com or by phone 01622 602007. For more details of the process for nominations this year please visit: https://maidstone.gov.uk/candidates
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Deputy Returning Officer at Maidstone Borough Council, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6JQ during the times stated above or downloaded from the Electoral Commission website at www.electoralcommission.org.uk
- If the election is contested, it will be taken together with the poll for the Police and Crime Commissioner, rescheduled Wards and Parishes of Maidstone Borough Council, Detling, Tovil, and Yalding Parish By-Elections, Boughton Monchelsea and Lenham Neighbourhood Plan Referendums between the hours of 7am and 10pm on Thursday 6th May 2021.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Monday 19 April 2021. Applications can be made online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- Electors and their proxies should take note that applications to vote by post must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021 if they are to be effective for this election. This includes electors or their proxies who wish to make alterations to their existing arrangements on a permanent basis or who wish to make a separate application for their ballot paper to be sent to a different address for this particular election.
- New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of unforeseen physical incapacity, self-isolation or for unforeseen work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Thursday 6th May 2021. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021. To apply on the grounds of work/service/Self-Isolation, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
- All applications and notices regarding absent voting must be sent to the Electoral Registration Officer, Maidstone Borough Council, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6JQ.
- For further information on any matter covered by this notice please telephone the Electoral Services Helpline on 01622 602007.
Dated Friday 19 March 2021 Alison Broom Deputy Returning Officer
Printed and published by the Deputy Returning Officer, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6JQ