EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh, Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712E: firstname.lastname@example.org
29th June 2022
ALL MEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL meeting on
Tuesday 5th July2022.
The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the Agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public. All present will be asked to use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Old School Hall (or on re-entry if you need to leave the hall for any reason). Masks are encouraged when not seated but not mandatory. Please do not attend if you feel unwell for any reason.
If members of the public wish to put forward comments, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear asan agenda item for the next meeting.
7.00pm PUBLIC FORUM
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15mins) is not part of the formal meeting of the Council and minutes will not be produced.
COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – if present, County Councillor Simon Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – if present, Borough Councillors Simon Webb, Lottie Parfitt-Reid and/or Richard Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
POLICE REPORT – if present, the representative from Kent Police will give a report on policing matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WARDEN’S REPORT – if present, will report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given. If Council cannot approve the absence, then the clock starts ticking as far as the six absences rule goes. So, please give a reason – it can be very general if it’s a personal matter – and then our records will be tighter in case there is ever a problem over prolonged Councillor absence.
- RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph or record any items. This makes sure that those who do not want to be filmed are not filmed. Children must not be filmed under any circumstances. If it is felt that the recording process is interfering with the meeting in any way, the Chairman has the right to stop it. The rules around filming (which Council adopted in November 2014) will be displayed at all meetings.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make, relating to any items on the agenda and to report lobbying. The definition of lobbying is ‘advocacy with the intention of influencing decisions’ so if parishioners have asked Members to investigate a matter or reported a fault this does not fall within the remit of this item.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- CO-OPTION OF NEW COUNCILLORS (if any); To interview and possibly co-opt Councillors on to the Council.
- MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 14th June 2022.
- To approve and sign as a correct record.
56.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the agenda.
- Horsewash Deed – deferred
- H&S scanned reports – copies for Trustees
57.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting;
- 22/502899/FULL 1 Vicarage Lane – Erection of part single storey, part two storey side extension & front porch.
- 22/501688/FULL Lower Gallants – Retrospective application for erection of an equestrian hay barn/store, with office/welfare training area above and installation of EV charging units.
- 22/503015/SUB Bridge Works Farleigh Bridge – Submission of details in relation to LBC 20/505876/LBC
57.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting; if any.
57.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues. Monthly report from MBC Planning Enforcement, if received.
- Other planning matters, including late planning applications;
- Golding Homes proposed scheme, Gallants Lane
- VOL Application- Lower Gallants: update, if any.
- LPR – correspondence from Peter Court Associates – deferred from previous meeting
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES;
- Health & Safety Policy review and implementation of an Incident/Accident report book/form.
- PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
59.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk, if any.
59.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners;
- Vicarage Lane Parking
- Kilnbridge Close Parking
59.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the agenda, if any.
- FINANCE (As per Financial Briefing Note)
60.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
60.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed.
60.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 26th June 2022. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 12.
60.4 Any other financial matters;
- To note: HMRC Quarterly Return Apr – Jun 2022
- To note: Recreation Ground Charities Commission Annual Report 2021.
- To note: MBC CIL Report.
- Internal Auditor’s report, if received.
- Paper/Document disposal company approval.
- Purchase of Roadside Mirror – deferred from last meeting.
- DEFIBRILLATORS; Update.
- TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
- FLOOD PLAN; Update, if required.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
64.1 Car Park; Update
64.2 Rec Ground; Update
64.3 Play Area; Update
64.4 Other Matters, if any.
- Recreation Ground access lane & gate way
- PEARSONS: Issues, if any
66.1 Highways Working Group:
- Written Monthly HWG report/notes and actions.
66.2 Highways; Other Matters
- To receive the Parish Fault Report
- KCC pavements/paths (NOT PROW)
- 67. SPEEDWATCH/OPERATION SCARECROW
- New Volunteers/Co-Ordinator, update if any.
- “Operation Scarecrow” update if any.
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY: Update.
- To note: Fault Report KM39 (KM338) now resolved.
- FETE COMMITTEE
- Update from Fete Committee – including any photos/publicity opportunity from the Jubilee Celebration.
- COMMUNICATIONS (Website, emails, etc); if any.
- CORRESPONDENCE; if any.
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING:
Traditionally, there is no EFPC meeting in August. However, if a meeting is required to discuss any URGENT matters, the date will be Tuesday 2nd August 2022 @ 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road