EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh, Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712E: email@example.com
31st May 2022
ALL MEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL meeting on Tuesday 7th June 2022. The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the Agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public. All present will be asked to use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Old School Hall (or on re-entry if you need to leave the hall for any reason). Masks are encouraged when not seated but not mandatory. Please do not attend if you feel unwell for any reason.
If members of the public wish to put forward comments, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting.Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear asan agenda item for the next meeting.
7.00pm PUBLIC FORUM
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15mins) is not part of the formal meeting of the Council and minutes will not be produced.
COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – if present, County Councillor Simon Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – if present, Borough Councillors Simon Webb, Lottie Parfitt-Reid and/or Richard Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
POLICE REPORT – if present, the representative from Kent Police will give a report on policing matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WARDEN’S REPORT – if present, will report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced
- ELECTION OF CHAIRPERSON AND DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE – deferred from last meeting.
Clerk to read out nominations and Council will vote on this. If elected, that person will be asked to read out and sign his/her Declaration of Acceptance of Office, in the presence of the Clerk.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given. If Council cannot approve the absence, then the clock starts ticking as far as the six absences rule goes. So, please give a reason – it can be very general if it’s a personal matter – and then our records will be tighter in case there is ever a problem over prolonged Councillor absence.
- RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph or record any items. This makes sure that those who do not want to be filmed are not filmed. Children must not be filmed under any circumstances. If it is felt that the recording process is interfering with the meeting in any way, the Chairman has the right to stop it. The rules around filming (which Council adopted in November 2014) will be displayed at all meetings.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make, relating to any items on the agenda and to report lobbying. The definition of lobbying is ‘advocacy with the intention of influencing decisions’ so if parishioners have asked Members to investigate a matter or reported a fault this does not fall within the remit of this item.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- CO-OPTION OF NEW COUNCILLORS (if any)
To interview and possibly co-opt Councillors on to the Council. If co-opted, to read out Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 3rd May 2022
33.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
33.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the Agenda.
34.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting;
- 22/502359/SUB, 22/502358/SUB, 22/502255/SUB, 22/502356/SUB Horseshoes Riding School – Submissions of details_application for the discharge of conditions.
- 22/502429/FULL Redwood Priory Close – Garage Conversion into habitable space
- 22/502370/FULL Haflong Workhouse Lane – Erection of single story front extension.
34.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting.
- 22/501380/LAWPRO Haflong Workhouse Lane – Approved
- 22/501358/SUB Little Pitchford, Dean Street – Approved
- 22/501168/FULL Land Rear of Barker Cottages New Cut – Granted
34.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues. Monthly report from MBC Planning Enforcement if received.
34.4 Other planning matters, including late planning applications, if any.
- VOL Application- Lower Gallants: update, if any.
- LPR – correspondence from Peter Court Associates.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
35.1 Approval of Risk Assessment – Amended to include signature line
35.2 Approval of Asset Register – Amended to include signature line and one pictorial sign (Horsewash)
35.3 Annual Approval of Statement on Internal Control
35.4 Annual Approval of Financial Regulations
35.5 Annual Approval of Standing Orders
35.6 Review and approve EFPC Advertising Policy
36 PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
36.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk, if any.
36.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners – if any.
36.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the agenda, if any.
- Car Park incident – Accident Reporting
- Triangle signage/advertising
- FINANCE (As per Financial Briefing Note)
37.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
37.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed.
37.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 27th May 2022. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 8.
- Any other financial matters;
- To approve the Council’s Accounts for year ended 2020/2021 (Reports Circulated)
- To approve and Chairman sign Section 1 of the Annual Governance & Accountability Return (AGAR) 2020/2021
- To approve and sign Section 2: Accounting Statements of the AGAR 2020/2021
- Approve EMR/Journal entries Tree Fund, Highways Maintenance & Legal & Professional.
- Internal Auditor’s report, if received.
- To Approve: purchase of new Roadside Traffic Mirror deferred from last meeting pending Insurance query
- DEFIBRILLATORS; Update.
- TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
- FLOOD PLAN; Update, if required.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
41.1 Car Park; Update
41.2 Rec Ground; Update
41.3 Play Area; Update and agree/approve replacement of missing swing.
41.4 Other Matters, if any.
- Issues, if any
43.1 Highways Working Group:
- Written Monthly HWG report/notes and actions, if any.
43.2 Highways; Other Matters
- Public Consultation – any other matters/follow up.
- To receive the Parish Fault Report
- KCC pavements/paths (NOT PROW)
- SPEEDWATCH/OPERATION SCARECROW
- To note: New batteries for SID’s
- New Volunteers/Co-Ordinator, update.
- “Operation Scarecrow” update.
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/RIGHTS OF WAY: Update.
- Fault Report KM39 (KM338)
- QUEEN’S PLATINUM JUBILEE CELEBRATION/QUEEN’S GREEN CANOPY/FETE COMMITTEE
- Update from Fete Committee
- COMMUNICATIONS (Website, emails, etc); if any.
- CORRESPONDENCE; if any.
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING:
Tuesday 5th July 2022 @ 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road