EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 2nd March 2021 at 7pm
Conducted on-line via ZOOM – Meeting ID: 968 4248 1743
Present: Cllrs Glyn Charlton (GC) (Chair) Peter Beasley (PB), Perry O’Callaghan (POC),
David Hussein (DH), Alex Fullwood (AF)
In attendance: Desiree Home (Clerk)
257 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: None
258 RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
The Clerk was recording the meeting for the Parish Council.
No one else present intended to film, photograph or record any items on the agenda.
259 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING; None
260 EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
The Committee AGREED that no items needed this requirement.
261 MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE
261.1 The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 2nd February 2021 were APPROVED and signed as a correct record.
261.2 Matters arising from the minutes NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda: None.
262 PLANNING COMMITTEE
262.1 To consider the following planning applications:
- 21/500337/FULL The Victoria Inn Heath Road: Change of use of the ground floor and associated land from public house to form a single dwelling house. EFPC recommend REFUSAL on the grounds that there has been no notification of it not being viable and that it is yet another loss of facility to the village. EFPC would like to see a viability report prepared prior to any decision.
- 21/500431/SUB 2 Mays Cottages St Helens Lane: Submission of details pursuant to condition 3 (Drainage), condition 4 (Storage of manure) and condition 6 (Landscaping) in relation to planning permission 20/501632/FULL. EFPC had no objections to the submission of details pursuant to condition 3, 4 and 6. In relation to planning permission 20/501632/FULL. However, members wished it noted that there is a car port in existence that is not on the original plan and this is still an ongoing enforcement issue.
- 21/500703/HEDGE Court Lodge Farm Forge Lane: Hedgerow removal Notice-Removal of 10 meters of (primarily Hawthorn) hedgerow which is infested with perennial weeds, to create new access for agricultural machinery. EFPC had no comments and agreed to leave the final decision to the TPO. However, EFPC would recommend that, as loss of greenery is seen as detrimental to the village, where hedging is removed, recommendations are that hedging is planted somewhere to replace what is lost.
262.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting:
- 20/505970/LAWPRO Domus Corrodian Priory Close: REFUSED
- 20/505620/FULL Orchard Cottage Dean Street: GRANTED
- 20/505798/LBC 6 Adelaide Cottages Lower Road: GRANTED
- 20/505486/FULL Former Water Pumphouse at Corner of Dean Street & Workhouse Lane: GRANTED
- 20506074/SUB The Victoria Inn Heath Road: Part A–APPROVED with Conditions/Part B–REFUSED
- 15/503455/TPO Cherry Lodge Priory Close: REFUSED CONSENT
262.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcement issues:
- All current enforcement issues are ongoing or under investigation. No further information.
262.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications:
Decisions received late, as follows, and reported at the meeting;
- 20/505890/LBC Oaklands Lower Road; GRANTED with conditions
- 20/506118/FULL Frith Farm Cottage Dean Street; GRANTED with conditions
- For noting by Clerk and Members. Not for publication.
264 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
- Tuesday 6th April 2021 @7pm (Venue or on-line to be advised)
The meeting was closed at 7.15pm