EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House, Riverside Park, East Farleigh,
Maidstone ME16 9ND
T: 07999 414712
24th February 2022
ALLMEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the MEETING OF EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
on Tuesday 1st March 2022
The Meeting will commence at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road, when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the agenda below.
All meetings are open to the press and public. All present will be asked to use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Old School Hall (or on re-entry if you need to leave the hall for any reason). Masks are encouraged when not seated but not mandatory. Please do not attend if you feel unwell for any reason.
Before the meeting, there will be a public session to enable the people of East Farleigh to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Parish Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the Public are asked to restrict their comments and/or questions to three minutes. However, it is preferred that questions are submitted in writing or via email to the Clerk, at least 3 days prior to the meeting.
7.00pm PUBLIC FORUM
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15mins) is not part of the formal meeting of the Council and minutes will not be produced.
COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – if present, County Councillor Simon Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – if present, Borough Councillors Simon Webb, Lottie Parfitt-Reid and/or Richard Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
POLICE REPORT – if present, the representative from Kent Police will give a report on policing matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WARDEN’S REPORT – if present, will report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given.
- RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph, or record any items.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make relating to any items on the agenda and to report lobbying.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 1st February 2022.
231.1 To approve and sign as a correct record.
231.2 Matters arising from the minutes not otherwise covered in the agenda.
- ANNUAL PARISH MEETING – Tuesday 29th March 2022 @7.30pm
- Finalise arrangements/On-line access.
Note: Councillors and members of the public can view all Planning matters on the MBC Planning Portal https://pa.midkent.gov.uk/
233.1 To consider any notified Planning Applications since the last meeting:
- 22/500609/FULL Stables at rear of 2 Mays Cottages – Erection of car shelter with hay store (retrospective).
- 22/500610/FULL 2 Mays Cottages – Change of use of land from paddock to residential garden (retrospective).
- 22/500447/FULL Homelands Dean Street – Erection of first floor side extension.
233.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by MBC since the last meeting; if any.
- 21/500703/HEDGE Court Lodge Farm – No objection
- 21/505652/FULL Lilium Workhouse Lane – Granted
- 21/506075/FULL Chapel Nursery Pleasant Valley Lane – Granted
- 21/504422/FULL Gallants House Lower Road – Granted
- 21/506169/TCA The Limes Lower Road – No objection.
- APP/U2235/W/21/3271239 Domus Corrodian Priory Close – Appeal dismissed.
233.3 To note any information reported to/received from MBC on planning enforcements issues.
- MBC Planning Enforcement Report, if received.
233.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications: if any.
- Golding Homes – copy email for info.
234 PARISH COUNCILLORS/PARISHIONERS
234.1 To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk.
234.2 To raise matters reported by parishioners; if any.
234.3 Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the agenda, if any.
235.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
235.2 To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed.
235.3 To receive the financial statements for the period up to 22nd February 2022. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 46, 2021-22
235.4 Any other financial matters;
- Agree/Approve Section 137 Donations (as per previous year’s charitable donations).
- To approve the Quote from Complete Weed Control (car park weed prevention).
- To note the PSS Grant 2022/23 (MBC Parish Services Scheme)
- DEFIBRILLATORS: Update, if required.
- TRAINING; if any/ongoing.
- FLOOD PLAN (Flood Pod); Update, if any.
- VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
- Car Park; Update, if any.
239.2 Rec Grnd; Update, if any.
239.3 Play Area; Update
- Bullet points summary
- Receive monthly Worksheets/Other matters, if any.
241.1 Highways Working Group (HWG):
- Public Consultation
- Monthly HWG Report/meeting notes & actions
241.2 Highways: Other Matters, if any.
- To receive monthly KCC Monthly Parish Fault.
241.3 Highways KCC – pavements/paths (not prow); update, if any.
- SPEEDWATCH; Monthly Report, if received.
- Deferred from last meeting – new Speedwatch Co-Ordinator.
- “Operation Scarecrow” update, if any.
- PUBLIC FOOT PATHS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY (PROW): update, if any.
- QUEENS PLATINUM JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS/QUEEN’S GREEN CANOPY
- Update from Fete Committee, EFPC and others regards arrangements for East Farleigh village to mark the
- COMMUNICATIONS (Website, emails, etc), if any.
- Publicity Request – Event WI Hall
- EFPC/Downs Mail offer
- Donation Request – Maidstone&Weald Samaritans
To note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING;
Tuesday 5th April 2022 at 7.00pm in the Old School Hall, Lower Road.