Minutes of the Joint Planning Committee and Full Parish Council Meeting held
on Tuesday 7th July 2020 at 7.00pm
Conducted on-line: Zoom Meeting ID: 806 299 9376
Present: Cllrs Glyn Charlton (GC), Peter Beasley (PB), Perry O’Callaghan (POC),
David Hussein (DH), Alex Fullwood (AF), Lloyd Porter (LP)
In attendance: Desiree Home (Clerk); 3 members of the Public linked into the meeting
32 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllrs Brian Dorton (BD), Alan White (AW) and PCSO Paul Vasey
All apologies were accepted.
33 RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
The Clerk was recording the meeting for the Parish Council , Cllr AF, Admin for Zoom Meeting was recording & Cllr LP was recording.
34 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
No Interests declared
35 EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
Members AGREED that no items required this and is not relevant
36 MINUTES OF THE JOINT PLANNING COMMITTEE AND FULL COUNCIL ‘ON- LINE’ MEETING Tuesday 2nd June 2020
36.1 It was agreed that the Minutes of the Joint Planning Committee & Full Council Meeting held on 2nd June 2020 are a true and accurate record.
Correction: Page 2, item 19.3 – The Chairman & Vice Chairman agreed this item as an expense under delegated powers.
- Matters arising from the Minutes NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda: none
37 PLANNING COMMITTEE (For Planning Committee consideration only)
- To consider the following planning applications:
- 19/501571/FULL The Alpine The Priory APPEAL lodged
Further to understanding the reasons for Refusal made by Maidstone Planning Department, East Farleigh Parish Council would now like it noted that they wish to withdraw previous Consultee Comment and it was UNANIMOUSLY AGREED that they support MBC in the appeal on the grounds of policies stated ie SP17; DM1; DM11 and DM30.
- 20/502482/FULL 8 Adbert Drive
Demolition of existing conservatory and erection of single storey side/rear extension with internal alterations. It was AGREED that there are NO OBJECTIONS to this application.
- 20/502166/FULL Domus Corrodian, Priory Close
Erection of a 1no. 3-bedroom detached dwelling. It was UNANIMOUSLY AGREED that EFPC wish to see this application REFUSED in line with Policies SP17, DM1, DM11 and DM 30. Further, if MBC are minded to, then EFPC wish this application to go to MBC Planning Committee
(Note: Cllr LP left the meeting)
37.2 To receive notifications of any planning decisions made by
MBC since the last meeting:
- 20/501632/FULL 2 Mays Cottages – GRANTED
- 20/500817/FULL Rathlin House, Dean Street – GRANTED
- 20/500342/SUB Hazeldene APPROVED SUBMISSION of details pursuant to Condition 3 (details of tree protection) and 12 (Archaeology) subject to 19/500469/FULL
37.3 To note any information received from MBC on planning enforcement issues: None
37.4 Any other planning matters, including late planning applications:
- 17/500239/TCA Stable Cottage Lower Road
Tree works NO OBJECTION
38 PARISH COUNCILLORS
38.1 To report on any events (on-line seminars etc) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk: None
38.2 To raise matters reported to them by Parishioners: None
38.3 Any other URGENT matters Cllrs wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda:
- To decide if there is a need for an HR Committee. With two Cllrs abstaining and 3 in favour, it was AGREED that this item will be deferred for the new Council after the May 2021 Elections.
- Annual Meeting: All officers to stay in place as per KALC recommendations in April 2020. It was proposed and AGREED to defer the Annual Meeting. It was AGREED that all Councillors will stay in place with current responsibilities until Elections in May 2021.
39.1 To ratify payments made since the last meeting:
Standing Order Clerk’s Salary June 2020 £ 600.00
Standing Order Car Park Attendant’s Salary June 2020 £ 136.00
Direct Debit Lloyds Multipay Credit Card monthly charge £ 3.00
Direct Debit Lloyds Multipay Credit card £ 199.90
Direct Debit BC&E People’s Pension £ 65.74
12052011 S137 Donation – Wfarleigh FC £ 100.00
12052015 S137 Donation – Blackthorn Trust £ 50.00
07072001 Social Distance Banners (Hadlum) Mtg 2/6/20 item 20.4 £ 312.00
07072002 Chairman’s Report (Hadlum) not sent due to COVID £ 75.00
39.2 The following BACS transfer payments are to be authorised on Unity Trust
Internet Banking by 2 signatories following the meeting:
07072003 Clerks pay correction (12052004) £ 226.67
07072004 Clerks Salary & Expenses June 2020 £ 345.79
07072005 L Owen Time Sheet £ 259.68
07072006 Pearsons Maint contract £ 1652.69
07072007 AcuIT Maintenance & Backup £ 69.90
07072008 Complete Weed Control £ 302.10
07072009 HMRC Employers NIC £ 102.00
- Financial Statements for the period up to 26th June 2020 which represent the state of play at the end of week 13, 2020/2. NOTE: A variance on UTBC Bank Reconciliation of £2.91 will be rectified before the next meeting.
Action: Clerk/Cllr POC
39.4 Any Other financial matters:
- Approved KALC Membership Subscription 2020/2021 – £643.49
- Reviewed & Approved Risk Assessment – See “Definition of Risk Assessment” & highlighted paragraph.
- Reviewed & Approved Asset Register
- Reviewed & Approved Financial Regulations
- Reviewed & Approved Standing Orders
- Reviewed & Approved Statement of Internal Control
- Approve Annual Return:
- Annual Governance Statement Sect. 1 – Approved
- Statement of Accounts Sect. 2 – Approved
- Update: Routine check of both defibrillators will be carried out this coming
Friday (10th July)
Action: Cllr PB
- Update: KALC on-line meetings/training circulated via email by the Clerk.
Action: ALL – Please let the Clerk know if you are booking onto any online events/workshops.
42 FLOOD PLAN
- Update: None
43 COMMUNICATION WORKING PARTY (CWP)
- Update: Cllr DH has contacted Cantium regards preparing Website upgrade.
Action: Cllr DH
44 VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA (Vicarage Lane)
- It was reported that the Recreation Ground is in good condition.
- Car Park Boundary Hedge: It was reported that the Car Park Attendant has encountered difficulties when attempting to cut the hedge. It was UNANIMOUSLYAGREED that advice would be sought regards the legal position/boundary responsibilities for the hedge.
Action: Cllr GC/Clerk
- Vicarage Lane Playground:
- Recommendations are that play areas are open. However, it was AGREED to keep the Vicarage Lane playground closed until proper precautions are in place as recommended by KALC and EFPC Insurers are consulted. It was AGREED that new & appropriate signage is to be purchased. A risk assessment will be carried out and Pearsons are to be contacted regards safety check. Signage is to clearly state that the responsibility for hand sanitising etc. lies with the parent/guardian/carers. It was UNANIMOUSLY AGREED to open the playground on the basis that recommended precautions are taken.
- It was AGREED to allow West Farleigh Youth FC to move the goalposts.
- It was AGREED that West Farleigh Youth FC should make their usage of the Rec Ground official and complete a booking form.
- Wateringbury FC: It was AGREED that the Clerk will ascertain the age of the players and ask whether the football club have adequate insurance. It was AGREED to leave the decision to the Chairman & Vice Chairman under delegated powers.
- It was AGREED that the Council do not wish at this time to engage any other services from Landscape Services.
Action: Clerk/Cllr GC/Cllr PB /Cllr POC
- Update on Major Projects, Maintenance, Improvement Plan:
- There are new signs in Dean Street “Unsuitable for HGV’s”
- It was reported that there had been no action regards hedge overgrowth by MAP/Little Gallants. It was AGREED to report to Claire Chewter, KCC Highways. It was further AGREED that the Clerk should make a phone call to the landowners and offer the services of our contractors and cost to be invoiced to the landowner. Further, the Clerk should inform Highways of EFPC action taken.
- It was AGREED that the overgrowth in the village should be highlighted in the Bullet Points to The Grapevine as landowners’ responsibility.
- Speedwatch: It was reported that Pearsons have changed the batteries and moved SIDS. It was AGREED that this job will be done by Pearsons from now on approx. every 4 weeks. Speedwatch has been deferred for now.
Action: Cllr PB
- It was reported that during the COVID situation, PROW are only dealing with dangerous and hazardous problems.
- Update: None
49 FORTHCOMING ABSENCES
For noting by Clerk and Members.
50 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
- Tuesday 1st September 2020, on-line unless Government restrictions/advice changes or, unless there is need for a Planning Meeting and/or urgent Parish Council meeting, in which case the meeting will be on Tuesday 4th August 2020.
Meeting closed at 20:34 hrs