EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
The Pump House Riverside Park, East Farleigh, Maidstone ME16 9ND T: 07999 414712 E: email@example.com www.eastfarleighpc.kentparishes.gov.co.uk
25th February 2021
ALL MEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to attend the EAST FARLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING, on
Tuesday 2nd March 2021. The Meeting will commence at 7.15pm (after the Planning Committee Meeting), when it is proposed to transact the business shown on the Agenda below. All meetings are open to the press and public. Following the Government and Prime Minister’s statement to restrict meetings and gatherings, the meeting will be conducted via video conferencing to discuss only essential matters until meetings can return to normal. All Minutes once approved will be available to the Public.
Please join meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone
Please be sure to use the MUTE if you are not speaking to avoid background noise.
Before the meeting, there will be a public session to enable the people of East Farleigh to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Parish Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting. Members of the Public are asked to restrict their comments and/or questions to three minutes.
7.15pm PUBLIC FORUM
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15mins) is not part of the formal meeting of the Council and minutes will not be produced.
COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT – if present, County Councillor Paulina Stockell will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – if present, Borough Councillors Lottie Parfitt-Reid, Emily Fermor and/or Richard Webb will give a short report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced. POLICE REPORT – if present, the representative from Kent Police will give a report on policing matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WARDEN’S REPORT – if present, will report on matters affecting East Farleigh. Minutes will not be produced
- 265 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given.
- 266 RECORDING OF PROCEEDINGS
To ask for notification of whether anyone intends to film, photograph or record any items.
- 267 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND LOBBYING
To receive any declarations of personal or prejudicial interest Members may wish to make, relating to any items on the Agenda and to report lobbying.
- 268 EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To agree any items to be dealt with after the public (including the press) have been excluded.
- 269 REVIEW OF PLANNING COMMITTEE
- 270 CALL FOR SITES: Update, if necessary.
EFPC Agenda March 2021 Page 1
Link Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/98096225849?pwd=NmZGck1CYXlWMWovaWhxZ29xMzFEdz09
Meeting ID: 980 9622 5849
271 MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on Tuesday 16th February 2021. • To approve and sign as a true and correct record of the meeting.
- 272 MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on Tuesday 2nd February 2021.
- 272.1 To approve and sign as a true and correct record of the meeting.
- 272.2 Matters arising from the minutes NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda.
- 273 PARISH COUNCILLORS
Agree/approve Membership Renewal of Action with Communities in
Rural Kent 1st Apr21 to 31st Mar 2022
Agree/approve Complete Weed Control Annual Order (3 applications @ £265 per application)
To report on any events (ON-LINE seminars etc.) attended on behalf of the Council, including the Clerk.
To raise matters reported to them by parishioners – if any.
Any other IMPORTANT/URGENT matters Councillors wish to raise NOT otherwise covered in the Agenda.
To Consider & agree Public Consultation for the Parish Council restyling to new name. Litter Picking: Update if necessary.
- 274 NEW COUNCILLOR CANVASSING/ELECTIONS: Update
- 275 ANNUAL PARISH MEETING/ANNUAL MEETING
• To note scheduled dates and review KALC advice regards Remote Meetings. 276 FINANCE
276.1 276.2 276.3
To ratify payments made since the last meeting.
To resolve that cheques and BACS transfers presented this month be authorised and signed. To receive the financial statements for the period up to 21st February 2021. These represent the state of play at the end of Week 46, 2020-21
Any other financial matters:
Agree Section 137 Grants:
Farleigh’s WI £ First East Farleigh Brownies £ Kent Air Ambulance £ East Farleigh Pre-School £ West Farleigh Youth Football Club £ Heart of Kent Hospice £ Porchlight £ Kenward Trust £ Blackthorn Trust £
- 277 DEFIBRILLATORS; Update, if required.
- 278 DIFUSSION TUBES; Update, if required.
- 279 TRAINING; if any.
- 280 FLOOD PLAN; Update, if required.
- 281 COMMUNICATIONS WORKING PARTY
- Update on new Website, if any.
- To agree and approve the EFPC Accessibility Statement
- 282 VILLAGE CAR PARK/REC GROUND/PLAY AREA Vicarage Lane
282.1 Car Park; Update
• Hedge Cutting EFPC Agenda March 2021
- 282.2 Rec Ground; Update
- 282.3 Play Area; Update.
283.1 Major Projects/Maintenance/Improvement Plan:
- Monthly Reports (Major projects & Maintenance-Parish Fault Report)
- Village pavements maintenance Update, if any.
- Updated Highways Improvement Plan: to agree priorities ahead of planned meeting with Highways.
- 283.2 Speedwatch; Update
- 283.3 Highways: Other Matters, if any.
• Speed Issues: Funding of Police re speed checks update, if any.
- 284 FOOT PATHS: Update, if required.
- 285 OLD SCHOOL HALL (OSH); Update, if required.
- 286 FETE: Update, if required.
- 287 CORRESPONDENCE; None.
- 288 ABSENCESTo note forthcoming absences of Councillors and Clerk.
- 289 DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday 6th April 2021 @ 7.15pm after the Planning Committee Meeting (Venue or on-line to be advised)
EFPC Agenda March 2021 Page 3